Menu
hamike
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

End of contract - Mobile Upgrade Due

Despite spending a lot of time searching I'm unable to find any instructions or advice on how to cease a contract, should I wish to.  I'm next due an option to upgrade at end Jan 2016.  Can I do it then or do I have to wait until contract expires in July?  Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: End of contract

Hi hamike,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're looking to leave us. We would be gutted to see you go.

The early upgrade option is a reward for being with us and encourages you to stay. You can't cease the contract at this point though. If you wanted to cancel early you'd be liable to pay the contract charges in full.

You can find our T&C's here. Please follow 'Terms and conditions of service - Pay Monthly Contract' and go to '10. When our agreement ends'. To view our latest handsets and tariffs please check out our website here as something might tempt you.

To cancel the contract you'd need to speak to the team. You can call them on 789 from a Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi hamike,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're looking to leave us. We would be gutted to see you go.

The early upgrade option is a reward for being with us and encourages you to stay. You can't cease the contract at this point though. If you wanted to cancel early you'd be liable to pay the contract charges in full.

You can find our T&C's here. Please follow 'Terms and conditions of service - Pay Monthly Contract' and go to '10. When our agreement ends'. To view our latest handsets and tariffs please check out our website here as something might tempt you.

To cancel the contract you'd need to speak to the team. You can call them on 789 from a Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
hamike
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rich B

Hi Rich B and thanks for thr reply.  Not really looking to leave but wanted to be prepared, just in case.  I have been looking at an upgrade and may go down that route.  The S iv mini looks like the one, as I don't really want/need a larger phone.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
babsrankin
Tuning in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I am in Spain you have given me a telephone to ring today 2/02/2016 to end my contract. This number {Mobile Number Removed} is only a recorded message. I was told by you this was the number to ring and I would be charged a flat rate of £2 I wish to cancel today I am not home until 12/02/2016 and as I am unable to contact you because you have given me an incorrect telephone number I trust that this will suffice.
The contract I need to cancel is for mobile
{Mobile Number Removed}. If you need to speak to me today about cancelling please ring me on {Mobile Number Removed} If you do it need to speak with me please confirm cancellation by email Barbara Rankin

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi babsrankin,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'm afraid that posting on the forum requesting cancellation will not be a viable method of cancellation. This will need to be done with a team member on the phone.

If you're abroad, you can reach us on +447953967967 from any phone and this will be charged at the cost of a regular roaming call.

We'd be sorry to see you go so if there's anything we can do to keep you, let us know Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
babsrankin
Tuning in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thank you a kind member gave me this number yesterday so I was able to cancel on the right day
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I'm glad to hear you got this sorted babsrankin.

Please let me know if there's anything that I can do for you.

We hope to see you back in the near future.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
hamike
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi to all that replied to my original query about end of contract notice.  Sorry I've not replied sooner.  Situation resolved now.  Thanks to all of you.

0 Kudos
smk185
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, I joined here just to ask you this question. why dont I get an early upgrade option? Been using virginmobile for 6 yrs and never heard of this. Am i eligable for this? If not, when will i been eligable for an early upgradeI have 4 months on my contract im a pay monthly user.

thanks for any advices.

cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi smk185,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Our contracts are 24 months long and you'll be eligible for an upgrade when you enter the last 30 days.  You can check when your upgrade is due by visiting your online account and following these steps:-

If you also select the 'Extra' tab it will take you through the upgrade process when available. You can also read more about upgrading.

Hope this information helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos