Menu
amy609
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

End of Contract/Cancel or upgrade

My contract was due for an upgrade on 3/4/16 however was not offered a competitive upgrade therefore have today given 30 days notice. Should the plan not be downgraded to sim only for these 30 days as £27 a month seems a bit steep when out of contract. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: End of Contract/Cancel or upgrade

Hi amy609,

you would have needed to make the call within the last 30 days of your contract period to ask for your tariff to reduce to that of a suitable SIM only plan. 

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi amy609,

you would have needed to make the call within the last 30 days of your contract period to ask for your tariff to reduce to that of a suitable SIM only plan. 

0 Kudos
amy609
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I did call to enquire about an upgrade before the contract ended but was not advised this was an option at that time. I should have just cancelled there and then so it is my own fault. There doesn't seem to be any customer loyalty any more. Probably best that I am looking elsewhere. Maybe time to stop paying £90 a month on other services while I'm at it.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi amy609,

when you phone to speak to someone it's pot luck who you'll get. Some are definitely more helpful than others.

It helps to know the T's & C's. With the old agreements your monthly payment will continue until you request to change :

3.4 At the end of the Minimum Term - "You will need to contact the Team at least one month before the expiry of your Minimum Term or any subsequent monthly renewal date for your Contract Allowance if you do not want us to continue provisioning you with your Contract Allowance each month. If you do contact us we will not provision you with your Contract Allowance but will continue to provide you with the Services at the rates set out for Pay Monthly customers in our Tariff Table until this Agreement is cancelled by either you or us in accordance with Clause 10."

Unfortunately there is no loyalty deals any more for existing customers with Virgin Mobile.

As a Media customer however it is possible to request and receive a loyalty discount on other services when renewing.

0 Kudos