Menu
ukulelebrendan
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Email Address???

Hi, I have been searching for a contact email for ANYONE at Virgin who can help me to cancel my contract. The full details of my query can be found in the link below, where I posted on Virgin's wall on Facebook. In short, Virgin have continued to take money from my bank account despite the fact that I have cancelled my contract months ago, and the phone has been inactive for some months. 

The details are clearly shown online, that the account has not been used in months. When I last spoke to a Virgin representative on the phone they ensured me that my contract was to be cancelled immediately and that I would not be billed anymore. I have since been billed several times, without any explanation? 

To make matters worse for me, I have no way of contacting them. I have, as recommended on the Virgin website, been trying to chat to someone online. However for the last few days I have not been able to gauge a response, saying to 'try again later'. Secondly the only other way is to either post your complaint, or to call them. This is a problem as I'm currently residing in Spain, which means that a letter sent to the suggested postal address in Wales, would be illogical. And to call them would mean a very expensive phone bill, which I cannot afford, on top of already losing money to Virgin each month! 

I have already cancelled the direct debit with the bank, which means that in 5 days time when I am due to be billed again they cannot take the money from my account. However this may create a dispute, despite me having cancelled the account long ago.

I am not usually one to complaint or rant, but being stolen from an international telecommunications company that doesn't even have a contact email address can be infuriating...

Can someone please help me to obtain an email address or recommend another option?

Thanks Smiley Happy

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email Address???

Michael_G wrote:

Hi ukulelebrendan,

I am so sorry to hear about your recent experiences. I would really love to be able to assist you. To get this matter resolved you would either need to call our team or write in as J0hn mentioned. 

If it makes it a bit easier for you then you can also call us on +447953 967 967. Calls will cost the same as the standard call rate for the region you're in if calling from a UK mobile

Many Thanks 

Mike

It appears the the OP's post may have been read but not understood (or not read at all). 

QUOTE: "To make matters worse for me, I have no way of contacting them. I have, as recommended on the Virgin website, been trying to chat to someone online. However for the last few days I have not been able to gauge a response, saying to 'try again later'. Secondly the only other way is to either post your complaint, or to call them. This is a problem as I'm currently residing in Spain, which means that a letter sent to the suggested postal address in Wales, would be illogical. And to call them would mean a very expensive phone bill, which I cannot afford, on top of already losing money to Virgin each month!"

I just thought this was worth pointing out, in the hope that VM will suggest an alternative working solution.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

All Replies
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

there are only two ways to cancel your contract, email is not one of them there is NO email address for that or any other purpose

call in on 789 choose the want to leave us option the fastest and therefore best option

write in to the cardiff address in the contact us link at the bottom of this page, can take weeks and i mean weeks for an answer.

if you don't have the virgin phone cal 0345 6000 789 its a local charge number
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi ukulelebrendan,

I am so sorry to hear about your recent experiences. I would really love to be able to assist you. To get this matter resolved you would either need to call our team or write in as J0hn mentioned. 

If it makes it a bit easier for you then you can also call us on +447953 967 967. Calls will cost the same as the standard call rate for the region you're in if calling from a UK mobile. 

Many Thanks 

Mike

Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Michael_G wrote:

Hi ukulelebrendan,

If it makes it a bit easier for you then you can also call us on +447953 967 967. Calls will cost the same as the standard call rate for the region you're in if calling from a UK mobile

Many Thanks 

Mike

It appears the the OP's post may have been read but not understood (or not read at all). 

QUOTE: "To make matters worse for me, I have no way of contacting them. I have, as recommended on the Virgin website, been trying to chat to someone online. However for the last few days I have not been able to gauge a response, saying to 'try again later'. Secondly the only other way is to either post your complaint, or to call them. This is a problem as I'm currently residing in Spain, which means that a letter sent to the suggested postal address in Wales, would be illogical. And to call them would mean a very expensive phone bill, which I cannot afford, on top of already losing money to Virgin each month!"

I just thought this was worth pointing out, in the hope that VM will suggest an alternative working solution.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
Tudor
Well-informed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I think VM do not have an email address for customers because their email system does not work!

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey ukulelebrendan, 

I’m so sorry about the issue you are facing, I am shortly going to send you a private message to get a little more information about the account. To pick up this message please click on the envelope on the top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon Smiley Happy

Kelly 

0 Kudos