Menu
sazses
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Early upgrade

I currently have 3 lines with Virgin Media and would like to try and find out if I would be able to upgrade early on one contract which ends in January.

I had no luck on the phone, so I thought  I would ask here before I look elsewhere.

I need to upgrade early as the phone does not work anymore (seems phones are only made to last 18months).

usually an early upgrade involves paying off what's left of the phone, then as they are securing a new customer for 24 moths I would be able to upgrade.

the lady  spoke to said at first I couldn't upgrade because Jan 2017 was 2 years away (!?!?!?) then after some explaining she said it was a year off !

eventually I was told it would be !109, I only pay £27 a month ( on 11th) so I only have November, December and Jan to pay.

I just want to check if its correct that to early upgrade I have to pay more then there is left on my contract if I just paid my next 3 bills     ??

Thanks

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Early upgrade

She wS quoting four months to pay not three and the forth is not yet completed.
Virgin only allows you to upgrade thirty days early, anything else like this is a contract buyout.

Now I've no idea on your finances, but it's loads cheaper to buy a phone from the manufacturer or phone shop cash and then buy a sim only deal, they are much better value

If you'd like an iPhone 7, then Apple Store do an 18 month zero percent credit deal only in store and only iPhone 7's.

You could then drop your tariff to the lowest amount and save a few bob there as well, no need to cancel and pay upfront, may need a new sim, change to payg thirty days from contract end Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
sazses
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Early upgrade

Thank you John, that's much better explained.

If she had explained that it would have made more sense.

I will await and see what happens at upgrade time, I wont be looking for an iphone probably just a Samsung of some kind. I guess looking at other threads it may be what they will let me have these days with all these contracts being cancelled and changing.

cheers

sarah

0 Kudos