Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4 (98 Views)

Early upgrade letter

hi,

i recieved a letter through the post yesterday saying I could upgrade my phone early if I sent my current phone back to virgin. When I rang to discuss this, I was still expected to pay my loan for the phone despite sending it back and not having it anymore.

coan someone explain this to me. I could understand continuing to pay for the phone if I was keeping it but why would I continue to pay for something I don't have anymore?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Message 2 of 4 (85 Views)

Re: Early upgrade letter

Hi Uwantlee,

details of how the Freestyle Trade Up scheme works can be found in the link.

From the drop down menu: "If your old phone is worth more than your remaining contract, you’ll get the extra value back. If it’s worth less, you can still upgrade early – all you need to do is pay the difference."

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Joining in
Message 3 of 4 (29 Views)

Hi i received the same letter, saying i could upgrade early.  NOTHING in the letter mentioned anything about paying money, it even stated i WOULDN'T have to pay anything for my new phone and that all i would be doing is sending back my current one. So i rang up and got through to them, sorted out the phone |I wanted then got called away for work so had to ring back. When i did ring back the person i spoke to said there would be a cost upfront, even though i explained what the letter and their previous colleague told me. Could not get through to them that you are sending out letters stating one thing then ambushing people when they do ring up. I cannot get into my online account as it constantly asks me to reset the password which then never works! 

IO have honestly had enough of Virgin. I have been with them since the start, can never get engineers booked for when it suits me, my online account never works, the call centre staff is a lottery as to their competence and this is the final straw. When my contract for mobile is finished i will be going with Sky. I will also be going to them for my other services once I have sorted out  a telephone line. 

Joining in
Message 4 of 4 (7 Views)

Have exactly the same situation as you, been waiting for a call back form complaints for 2 weeks, I was told 24 -48 hours, customer service has become a joke

0 Kudos