Menu
Andyoli
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Dropped my iphone in a swimming pool.

Dropped my iphone in a swimming pool. Not sure if I'm insured, can't log on to my account, don't know what to do?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dropped my iphone in a swimming pool.

If you managed to rescue the phone pack it in rice. It helps the drying out process. It may help.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

would best to give virgin mobile a call via 0345 6000 789 / 789 (from virgin mobile), using online chat at http://contact.virignmedia.com (using PC/laptop) this can be bit of a wait due to demand, they should be able to check your account.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you are insured there will be a 2 no direct debit for this, easy to check.

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Andyoli wrote:

Dropped my iphone in a swimming pool. Not sure if I'm insured, can't log on to my account, don't know what to do?

Sorry,

You paid a vast amount of money for an I phone and you don't know if you insured it? Really?

And why did you drop it into a swimming pool? 

Did you get your I phone through VM?

If you did, and even if you purchased insurance through VM the chances are they will never pay out.

Send your phone to VM and it will have been "damaged in transit", your fault.

VM send it back stating "it was damaged when we received it", whether it was or not. Try and prove otherwise.

Unless your phone is covered by an "all risks" policy within your home insurance you have little chance of any sort of insurance cover from VM.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos