Menu
vjkld
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Double data for sim only 2gig £8 month

I am a Sim Only customer and on a 12 month contract which I hadn't realised till I had logged into my account. I was previously on unlimited data for £6.50 a month but this was ended after the unlimited data was priced higher. I understand you can move up and down sim only plans each month so can I get this double data added. I am changing through my account for next month but it's only showing 1gig.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Double data for sim only 2gig £8 month

Hi vjkld,

you are free to change your tariff up up down but the options shown in your account only reflect those tariffs available to you at the time you took out your contract.

You would be best to call 789 (free) from your mobile and discuss with a member of the Team whether or not this "double data" offer might be made available to you.

Let us know how you get on Smiley Happy

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi vjkld,

you are free to change your tariff up up down but the options shown in your account only reflect those tariffs available to you at the time you took out your contract.

You would be best to call 789 (free) from your mobile and discuss with a member of the Team whether or not this "double data" offer might be made available to you.

Let us know how you get on Smiley Happy

vjkld
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I rang customer services and they said they couldn't change me to the 2gig tariff and put me onto retentions. I was on hold for too long I think they'd all gone home so I'll try again.You should be able to change up or down easily.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi vjkld,

this thread on HUKD might interest you: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/flash-sale-double-amount-data-8-now-2gb-10-now-4gb-2500-mins-unlimit...

It seems many existing SIM only customers have been able to take advantage of this offer.

However if you are tied into a 12 month contract you won't be able to threaten to cancel in order to be offered it. As doing so would involve a hefty "buyout fee".

Let us know how things turn out, good luck Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm close too requesting my PAC codes for my last two sim-onlys with Virgin.

For two days I've been ringing, spoke too umpteen advisors from the thinking of leaving option, only answers I keep getting are you can't have it - new sim-onlys only or only available if you take a Freestyle contract out.

Just seems to be pot luck when you phone.

I've got one more day of trying, then away for a while, if no luck - it's time for a change when I get back :-)
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That was fun :-)

Ringing 789 numerous times and being pushed around between departments, got me no where, apart from giving me PAC codes because I was not happy about it :-(

One last try/call to sales (0800 052 0422), and old tarrif was changed to the new tarrif with the extra data with no questions asked or any problems :-)
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

teabag wrote:
That was fun :-)

Ringing 789 numerous times and being pushed around between departments, got me no where, apart from giving me PAC codes because I was not happy about it :-(

One last try/call to sales (0800 052 0422), and old tarrif was changed to the new tarrif with the extra data with no questions asked or any problems :-)

Hi teabag,

yes, the HUKD thread I linked to suggested that "sales" were the people to talk to for easiest result.

Pleased you got there in the end Smiley Happy

teabag
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Your right, but during my calls on 789, I was put through to sales 3 times before.

So it seems a straight call to sales works, but if you are put through to sales via your 789 call it's a fail. Tallying up the call times, it only took me 2 hours and 42minutes over 2 days to get this sorted. lol

Just have fingers crossed for roaming and EU passes to work ok on the two sims tomorrow night :-)
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

After my moan about CS with how long it took me to sort the above out, CS was good for me today when data roaming was not working - I did one quick call about the problem, then as they were trying to sort it, I was called back about every 15 minutes for 3 times to check if it was working ok or not, eventually they sorted it :-)
0 Kudos