Menu
CaptainFirecat
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Don't I get a replacement number?

Hi all

Left Virgin (after... 16 or so years! So sad Smiley Sad ) and got my PAC code, moved my number, cancelled my rolling contract.

Now my Virgin Simcard doesn't work. I sort of assumed, given I still have 20 odd days of minutes/texts/data (as the 789 person was keen to tell me) I would, you know, be able to use them! I assumed my Virgin Sim would be allocated a new number, is that not the case?

Do I need to call them up? Seems odd they reminded me I had almost a month of stuff left, then cut me off.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Don't I get a replacement number?

Using the PAC finishes your ties with Virgin/sim.

In a way, the person on 789 was correct that you had 20 odd days left of allowances, but you decided to use the PAC and terminate it.

Lesson learnt - next time, use your last days up before using the PAC if you want, you have 30 days to use the PAC after receiving it. :-)
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.

All Replies
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Using the PAC finishes your ties with Virgin/sim.

In a way, the person on 789 was correct that you had 20 odd days left of allowances, but you decided to use the PAC and terminate it.

Lesson learnt - next time, use your last days up before using the PAC if you want, you have 30 days to use the PAC after receiving it. :-)
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
CaptainFirecat
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well that's a bit of a con... And also something I would have expected them to mention to me at the time.

Oh well, I'll keep it in mind when I decide whether to switch back when Virgin get 4G (and get a PAYG sim for my overseas trip in a couple of weeks).

Thanks for confirming! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Actually. speaking as someone who does not have a mobile contract with Virgin, what they have done makes perfect sense.

You severed all ties, so they cut you off. Agreed they could have told you that it would have been better to call back in 19 days when the allowance was almost used. but then they would not be making money on you it they did !
0 Kudos