Menu
pete_robbo
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dodgy Repair Centre

I would just like to highlight what an absolutely appalling mobile phone customer service Virgin Media have. I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 and I have recently sent my phone in to repaired as data, wifi and GPS signals constantly drop out in areas where I used to have good service, also the charging connection on the phone has become faulty and no longer charges. Having missed a call from the repair centre I was left a voicemail asking me to call them back. Upon returning the call I got through to the bog standard offshore customer service team who informed me that the charge to replace the fault LCD screen was £204, I can say with 100% certainty that there was absolutely no issue with the screen and it was working right up until the battery died, I sent the phone away in the box and packaging I was sent out so there should have been no problem with being damaged in transit either. I have requested to speak to the repair team however Customer Services do not have a contact number for them which is highly surprising. In additional Customer Services have advised me that as I am unwilling to pay £204 for a fault that doesn't exist my phone will be returned not repaired meaning the ACTUAL faults that I have reported will not be repaired.

Has anyone else experienced similar or can anyone advise how I can speak to someone that can comprehend the situation and help me resolve it instead of spinning the company script?

enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dodgy Repair Centre

There have been several threads with similar stories over the past few months I'm afraid.

I advise people to contact Samsung if they have problems they seem a much better bet going on stories from here.

Sadly, I suspect you are going to have a fight on your hands.

0 Kudos
jimmyringo
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

They seem to rarely stand over the warranties.Phones develop 'physical damage' on arrival at repair centre.Mine was under warranty,but they wouldn't fix it unless I paid £96.It's a con and they should be ashamed.

martinfamo
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I believe im the latest victim to this.

Have you managed to resolve?

I sent my phone to investigate a fault not reading the Sim card, I called them for an update to be advised they were not repairing due to a cracked screen. It did not have a cracked screen and my only assumption is VM repair centre broke the screen to avoid repairing?

I am taking this further via Litigation/small claims.

I was wondering if you would be wiling to provide a witness statement in due course?

0 Kudos