Menu
Justjan1234
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Do virgin give any kind of loyalty to long standing customers ?

So I have been a customer for over 18 years now, I have cancelled my subscription because of the cost of it.  I pay in excess of 110 per month now, according to the virgin website for a service better than I have it is quoting just over 80 PDS for new customers !!!  When I queried this with yourselves I was told unfortunalty that's the way it is ! How can you justify this ? Absolutely discusting ! I was told no one does anymore, well I have got to say that I have just taken an additional two contract lines out on my contract with them that I have had for a number of years and they had two prices one for new customers and one for existing customers which was 10% cheaper than the new customer price that was advertised, well done EE !! That's customer service for you.  Maybe whoever came up with the idea to hold customers to ransom need to think on ! 

I have had nothing but trouble with Virgin Media, I was given a loyalty discount at one point, because we moved house it was taken away, you try and argue with them or try and get it reinstated!! Nightmare so I haven't bothered!!  

I just want to be treated the same as a new customer is ! If I cancel I can't join as a new customer for three months !!  

Anybody else had any similar experience ? 

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Do virgin give any kind of loyalty to long standing customers ?

Why are you slating EE for a virgin pricing issue?

It seems Virgin have stopped loyalty discounts on mobile accounts

My understanding is that the media side haven't yet. If you are that fed up and past minimum contract length call 150 and choose "you want to leave us" see if they can help as retentions have more options
0 Kudos
Justjan1234
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

John,

Firstly I am not slating EE I am praising them for their customer service, the fact they have recognised me as a loyal long serving customer, I am saying well done to them.

Secondly , I have spoken to retentions people and they have offered a 10pds per month reduction, still 30.00pds per month more than what a new customer would get. 

I have managed to negotiate with sky and BT a price that a new virgin customer would pay for a like for like service.  

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

A sound decision imho
0 Kudos
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Looking like growing numbers are no longer getting any real loyalty retentions deals to mention any more.

0 Kudos
Justjan1234
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave

I think they will come unstuck, because people will move to sky as I have and will remember how they where treated and then sky will have an influx of new customers and if they look after us we arnt going to move back are we ?
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

In all honesty I'm feeling this shift away from trying to retain loyalty from the customer by offering attractive discounts in order to re contract, to more focus on new customers is likely a decision made by the owners and major share holders.  Either way, to take away loyalty discounts whilst trying to enforce unjustified price rises just makes walking away to a rival a much more attractive option.  More so with the likes of free vouchers and even decent top cash back offers.

0 Kudos