Menu
Boneywoney
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Do Yodel actually deliver packages

25/08/16

Welcome to the Yodel live chat Service. An advisor will be with you shortly.

You are now connected with Adam

Adam: Welcome to Yodel Online. How can I help you today?

Boneywoney: Hi Your tracking software is saying your driver called yesterday and left a card, no he didn't I didn't go out all day waiting for the delivery which didn't come. Please could you have the driver call again asap, its only a sim card and could have been put through my letter box. Thank you.

Adam: Do you have your parcel tracking number to hand so that I can look into this further for you?

Boneywoney: I entered the number to enter this page but anyway its JD*******

Adam: Thank you.

Adam: Please could you confirm the full name and address that should be on your parcel?

Boneywoney: Boneywoney

Boneywoney: Here and there

Adam: Was unable to deliver yesterday so will be attempted again today

Boneywoney: I will be out from about 2.15 for the afternoon.

Adam: No problem.

Adam: If you arent in the driver can leave safe or with neighbour

Adam: Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Boneywoney: Thank you for your help, you need to have a word with your drivers, telling fibs reflects on your company and does it no good. Yes my next door neighbour will be fine, Thank you for your help.

Adam: No problem.

Adam: Many thanks for contacting Yodel. The chat will automatically close in 60 seconds unless you have another question. If there's anything else we can do for you in the future please do not hesitate to come back to us.

Boneywoney: Many thanks.

25/08/16 Later that day.

Feedback.

Your tracking software says your driver attempted delivery and left a card, neither of which is true as I was at home waiting for your delivery and another from a obviously more efficient carrier as their parcel was delivered to me. I contacted your help line and was told the delivery would be arranged for today, no such delivery has taken place and I have just seen your Yodel driver and van at 17.39 hrs pass my house at speed, turn round, come back without stopping and disappearing into the distance. I dare say your driver will say he has attempted delivery again and left a card, he hasn't. I'm getting onto Virgin Mobile now to complain and hope they can resolve by using a more reliable and honest carrier.

26/08/16

Welcome to the Yodel live chat Service. An advisor will be with you shortly.

You are now connected with Eric

Eric: Welcome to Yodel Online. How can I help you today?

Boneywoney: Parcel tracking number: JD****** Your tracking software is saying your driver called Wednesday midday and left a card, he didn't and he didn't leave a card. I didn't go out all day waiting for your delivery which didn't come and for a delivery from another carrier which did. I contacted you online yesterday and was told I would receive a delivery later in the day, I didn't but I did see your driver and van speed past my house at 17.39 turn at the end of my cul-de-sac and speed back disappearing into the distance. I contacted Virgin Media, the sender and they on my behalf contacted Yodel who assured Virgin I would receive a delivery by 9pm, I didn't. Please could you advise asap. Thank you.

Eric: Good afternoon, Boneywoney, I'll have a look.

Eric: Please could you confirm the full name and address that should be on your parcel?

Boneywoney: Boneywoney Here and there

Eric: Thank you.

Eric: I'm going to contact the depot to report this issue to them as this needs bringing to their attention right away. I'm extremely sorry to hear of the delays and inconvenience that this causes you.

Eric: I'm also going to contact the depot to provide an update on your parcel as there hasn't been one in a couple of days. May I ask the contents of your parcel?

Boneywoney: Thank you, its only a Sim for a replacement mobile phone which of course I can't use until I have the Sim.

Eric: Thank you.

Eric: That's raised with the depot now, Boneywoney. They will look into this and we'll update your tracking as soon as we have more information for you. Please come back to web chat if there is no update by this time tomorrow and we will look into it further.

Boneywoney: Okay, not very good though is it really. Thank you for your help anyway.

Eric: I am very sorry to hear of the delays and inconvenience caused as a result of this

Boneywoney: Many thanks but I will be surprised if I receive the delivery before next week as they obviously don't really care about giving a good honest service. Cheers.

Eric: We will work to get this delivery to you as soon as possible - this may be delivered tomorrow for you. I would advise that you keep an eye on your tracking for any updates.

Boneywoney: I've already stayed in for three days waiting but I appreciate your help. Many thanks.

Eric: That's no problem, Boneywoney - I hope you can be assured that the depot have been notified of this and will pursue a resolution ASAP.

Boneywoney: Thank you.

Never did get a delivery, wasted a week waiting in. Got a Sim from a Virgin Shop a week later which I was originally told I couldn't do because my phone and Sim were lost. Seems this abysmal service from Yodel has been going on for years, do Virgin actually listen to their customers, looking at this forum they ignore most feedback.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Do Yodel actually deliver packages

Hi Boneywoney,

A warm welcome to the Community Forum, and thanks for taking the time to let us know about the delivery issues that have been impacting you recently.

I am sorry to hear that your experience has not been to the standard expected from us or the delivery service.

I have passed on your feedback, as we do take on board customer feedback in order to find ways to improve the way we do things.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Boneywoney
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply.  I only used the forum to bring this complaint to your attention because it seems impossible to contact Virgin via email.  I've done a bit of research into Yodel and it appears they are probably the worse delivery service in the UK.  All companies make mistakes and get things wrong but with Yodel it seems to be the default mode.  Trouble is from Virgin's point of view when things like this happen people don't blame Yodel, they blame Virgin.  Looking back on your forum, Virgin have received complaints about Yodel before but it has made no difference whatsoever so I really have little faith in Virgin doing anything about them now.  Were Virgin my business I wouldn't let Yodel anywhere near it.

0 Kudos
joblot21
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I need a package picked up from ###### Devon EX10 and Delivered  back to me at Cardiff CF5  .The people in Sidmouth will not be in for the collection of the package. It has been arranged to be left in the garage by the occupants. Would you be able to do this  With thanks R T Phillips

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos