Menu
Sunil237
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Discount removed - 20 years early!!

My discount is valid until 2037. It's been removed.

I don't care if it isn't cost effective for you. Would you say the same thing if I only paid half, before I can't afford it!!

Has anyone managed to take any action to sort this illegal action out?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
J0hn
Super solver
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Discount removed - 20 years early!!

My understanding is that they sent letters out, advising of this sudden unexpected and unfair change in their term, mainly to folks who had a sim only and unlimited data. The letter also advised that you could leave if you wished, that means they ended the "20 year agreement " and sterted a new one at the date of the price increase.

I don't work for them but I'm just putting a different perspective on this. I agree it an awful way to do business, I posted about it months ago commenting that I thought they were trying to weed out unlimited data sim only account where they were not profitable and virgin had 4G on the horizon

All Replies
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

You misunderstood.  2037 meant 8:37 pm the next day.     Smiley LOL

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
0 Kudos
Sunil237
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I wish I could have a sense of humour about this. It's a pretty painful hit for being a virgin customer from the very start, then given no discount what do ever just their current SIM deals.
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'm still none the wiser as to where this 2037 and 20 years discount comes from.   Was this a typo in an agreement that you expect VM to honour? 

Electron
0 Kudos
Sunil237
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It wasn't a typo, they offered me a long term discounted rate deal.

It started in 2012 could til 2037
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Well Virgin Media's discount deals usually last 9 to 12 months, not 20 years.

Electron
0 Kudos
Sunil237
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I not really bothered what they "usually" last, as they should last to the end of their term.

If I signed a 20 year contract they would expect me to pay on time every time throughout the while contract. Hence why I am annoyed and want To know what I can do about it.
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

My understanding is that they sent letters out, advising of this sudden unexpected and unfair change in their term, mainly to folks who had a sim only and unlimited data. The letter also advised that you could leave if you wished, that means they ended the "20 year agreement " and sterted a new one at the date of the price increase.

I don't work for them but I'm just putting a different perspective on this. I agree it an awful way to do business, I posted about it months ago commenting that I thought they were trying to weed out unlimited data sim only account where they were not profitable and virgin had 4G on the horizon
Sunil237
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, looks like I'm heading to a different company now. Just find it such a shame to be shafted so hard over the last year by VM as a general. 2 price hiked on the media side and now 0 loyalty on the mobile side.
I've been with them since they took over NTL and pretty much since they started mobile contracts.

Will be looking to switch all my services this year.. cant be bothered to show loyalty with zero in return.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sunil237, 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for bringing your concerns to our attention. 

We're proud that our latest SIM Only tariffs offer some of the very best value out there. But so we can keep bringing this great value to everybody, we sometimes have to look at our customers’ existing discounts.

We know this won’t be a welcome change. But if you’re looking to save on your monthly bill, you might be interested in one of our new SIM Only tariffs. Or if you fancy a brand new phone, you might be eligible for one with one of our flexible Freestyle tariffs. Check out your options by registering or signing into Your Account [Here]

You also have the right to terminate your contract with us at any time in accordance with our existing terms and conditions.

• Text the word LEAVE to 80197 to cancel your contract and we’ll set your contract to disconnect within 7 days from receiving your text reply

Look forward to seeing how you get off with this and feel free to get in contact if needed. 

Thanks 

Mike