Menu
hansi
Superfast
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Direct debit Query

I've recently switched banks, and I have had letters fron VM confirminng my new DD details for my Virgin Media and mobile accounts, and my new bank has also confirmed these details when switching.

However, I printed a list of my DD's and there are two for Virgin Mobile with reference numbers and I don't know what they are for. They are not on the list my new bank sent me. Who should I speak to about this as, if they're not in use, I want to delete them. Can't see any way of doing this online.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Direct debit Query

Are you saying there are two extra direct debits, or two direct debits that don't seem to match what you expected?

Don't forget that virgin mobile freestyle contracts have a payment for the phone and one for the phones allowances, so that may be your problem, one for a smaller amount for the minutes texts and data and a larger one for the phone itself?
0 Kudos
hansi
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have four Virginia direct debits shown. Two say Virgin mobile telephone and the other two say Virgin mobile. The ones that are live. The latter two are live and refer to my mobile phone and my wife's. The other two are the ones I'm referring to which appear to be dead but they have dd reference numbers. Can I sort this out in a Virgin store as it's difficult to explain and I have all the paperwork.
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I suspect the store will just put you on the phone to the call centre especially if they are busy

If those two have not had payments taken for more than a couple of months it safe to delete them. If they are still live Virgin will let you know pdq

Direct debits are so different to standing orders, direct debits do not get deleted when you stop the contract but lie dormant, it's great practice to prune there as they are a live way into your bank account.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi hansi, 

The issue you’re having with you Direct Debt does indeed sound very confusing, I would also like to say thanks to J0hn for that great information. I would love to look into this further for you. 

Shortly I’m going to send you a private message requesting further account information. To pick this private message up please click on the envelope on the top right hand corner of the page. 

I look forward to chatting with you soon! 

Kelly 

0 Kudos