Menu
Paulon1
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Default Showing on my Credit Report from Virgin Media and no one will speak to me to sort it out!

I had Virgin Media at my old address and had it for a number of years. I moved in with my girlfriend on the 1st April 2016 and notified Virgin around early march 2016 that i was moving and wanted to cancel my account. I was told that was fine and that an engineer would be out to collect the equipment at my new address.

After moving on the 1st April i asked numerous times why i was not being sent  a final bill and was told these where getting sent to me , however they were getting sent to my old address. When i finally recieved the bill it showed a balance to be paid of approx £288. I called in and queried this and spoke to a very helpful young lady who done some calculations and told me that this bill was wrong and that it should be in the region of around £75.00, however she would need to get a manager to confirm this and sign it off and she would call me back. I was never called back and after calling in over half a dozen times and telling my situation i was either cut off after being passed to a different department or was simply told that they did not know what to do.

During this time i was defaulted on my account - this has been extremely detrimental to me and is due to no fault  of my own. I just wanted the final bill to be sent out with the correct amount on it so i could pay this. 

I still want to pay my final bill and i also want this default removed from my credit file.

Can someone please help.

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Default Showing on my Credit Report from Virgin Media and no one will speak to me to sort it ...

Hi Paulon1,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum. I'm sorry that there's been a problem with your account and that the disconnection and credits applied on the account as promised. Have you been able to get this issue resolved since your post?

If you would like for me to look into this for you, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Paulon1
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Default Showing on my Credit Report from Virgin Media and no one will speak to me to sort it ...

Hi Terri

Thank you for your reply. No i have not been able to get anyone to resolve this for me yet. I wrote a letter to the complaints team in Swansea and posted this recorded delivery on the 3rd March. However i have not had a response. I have called in to the Billing team again today and spoke to someone. They confirmed that there had been a credit of approx £78 or something added to the final bill in question (this is currently £288.93). I asked them if they were going to deduct the late payment fees because the final bill had been sent out to the wrong address (my old address that i had the service at) even 2 mths after i had left. I have a final bill here that i managed to source with some difficulty from my old Landlord dated the 13th June!. I left this address on the 1st April and had spent many times on the phone asking for a final bill to be sent to me new address, this never came so i was charged late repayment fees and eventually defaulted on my account!

So i just want confirmation of my final bill including the credit thus far. I would like any late repayment fees associated with paying after the 1st April removed and i want confirmation that the default will be lifted from my credit file. I have the money here waiting to settle the correct and agreed final bill. If you could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

Paul Dickson

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum. I'm sorry that there's been a problem with your account and that the disconnection and credits applied on the account as promised. Have you been able to get this issue resolved since your post?

If you would like for me to look into this for you, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Terri

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paulon1,

Thank you for getting back to me. I can check into this for you, but I'll need to take more information from you first. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paulon1,

I'm sorry that you haven't received an update on this. The Consumer Underwriters normally will be back in touch up to 14 working days from the verification email.

Please give us a call on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile), 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) and Customer Services will be able to contact this team direct.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Paulon1
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri
The number you have given me is for Virgin Mobile. Can I please ask you to confirm that you are assisting me with my old Virgin Media account? Not Virgin Mobile. And in regards to this can I ask also that you were correct in telling me that I should contact consumer underwriters I'm regards to my Virgin Media account or do they only deal with mobile accounts. As if they only deal with mobile then I am wasting my time.
Thanks
Paul
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paulon1,

Checking on this, I can see that our Complaints Team have resolved this issue. Please let us know if there's anything further we can help with.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos