Menu
tsh1979
Tuning in
Message 1 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Declined Contract

I'm quite appalled at the moment that I have had a contract declined for my upgrade for less money than I'm paying on my existing contract. I have been a Virgin Mobile customer for the past 4 years, with two contracts one for myself and the other for my partner. I have paid every bill on time and I am also a Virgin Media customer, paying these also by direct debit on time.

I have an impeccable credit score. I work in credit control and therefore understand how it works. It makes no sense whatsoever. All I have been told is that they cannot do anything.

I upgraded my partners phone in February too with no problems.

The manager apologised and even stated that there was no way that I should be declined and he was a little embarrased. Please can someone explain what is going on, as no one appears to be able to help!

Your response would be greatly appreciated!!!! 

HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 2 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: Declined Contract

Join the thousands of other disgruntled VM 'customers' who have been 'declined' credit for no apparent reason..

I too, have an impeccable credit rating, I have the Experian printout to prove it!! YET I too have been declined a contract... 20+ years with VM and it's predecessors counts for NIL....

I have now gone over to O2, and walked out of the shop with a phone, "credit check?, no problem sir, passed, you are OK to go with one of our phones"....so VM have lost custom, for no apparent reason!!

Also just today, passed credit check for another item in PC world, so, perhaps VM no longer wants our custom??

NOBODY from VM will stand up and admit why so many people are failing THEIR credit checks....

Come On VM, tell us the TRUTH for once....

michaelstokes
Joining in
Message 3 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Snap.

I've just been declined a renewal on two of my contracts even though I have never missed a direct debit in 15 years with Virgin. They allowed me to upgrade my daughters contract in November, but not mine and the wife's!

They told me to write to 

Virgin Media
Consumer Underwriting Services
Cablephone House
Small Heath Business Park
Talbot Way
Birmingham
B10 0HJ

via snail mail and I could also request a credit check from their credit firm

Equifax PLC
PO Box 1140
Bradford
BD1 5US

I did this today and I am as green as the grass on their report, so I am now waiting for Virgin Media's underwriters to get back to me by snail mail to explain their decision.

Is there anyone at Virgin capable of explaining what is going on with your credit checking system?

As previous post; a response would be greatly appreciated.

ChrisM_OK
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 28
Flag for a moderator

I had this issue a few years back.  It's a "system issue" at VM and I am horrified that it's still not been sorted out all these years later.  In my case I wrote to the Director of Customer Service at the then-current address in Trowbridge, copied to the registered address in London, and to the Birmingham credit address.  I never received a reply but after I had got 4 PAC numbers to take all my mobile phone business away from Virgin Mobile, I did receive an apologetic call from a minion in Customer Services who resolved the matter.

I am extremely disappointed that having had issues at every contract renewal since, the senior staff at VM will not talk to, or write to the customers who pay their wages.  I wonder if they realise just how bad their company's service is and how much they upset loyal customers.. or maybe they just don't care

Tags (1)
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 5 of 28
Flag for a moderator

ChrisM_OK wrote:

I had this issue a few years back.  It's a "system issue" at VM and I am horrified that it's still not been sorted out all these years later.  In my case I wrote to the Director of Customer Service at the then-current address in Trowbridge, copied to the registered address in London, and to the Birmingham credit address.  I never received a reply but after I had got 4 PAC numbers to take all my mobile phone business away from Virgin Mobile, I did receive an apologetic call from a minion in Customer Services who resolved the matter.

I am extremely disappointed that having had issues at every contract renewal since, the senior staff at VM will not talk to, or write to the customers who pay their wages.  I wonder if they realise just how bad their company's service is and how much they upset loyal customers.. or maybe they just don't care

VM appear to have a large number of 'system issues' that cover a large number of areas, that's for sure!!!

I couldn't be bothered to even waste my time with VM, and took my business elsewhere as I stated above, VM lost 3 phones, O2 gained 3.

Sadly senior management have their heads stuck so far up their own backsides, they can't see the damage they are doing to VM business.

Already rated worst Broadband reliability on more than 1 comparison site (1 out of 5 stars by EVERY user!!) they are now loosing customers hand over fist, and will continue to do so whilst they refuse to accept they have a LOUSY attitude to the CUSTOMER, whose money they are taking to fund their wages, whilst offering NOTHING in exchange.

I know many many people who have deserted VM because of the 'we are not interested' brigade of management and customer service..

Vote with your feet, and move your business elsewhere. If we all did it, then the management might withdraw their heads long enough to realise 'no customers....no money'....

isaachunt01
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 28
Flag for a moderator

This company is a joke, I have 3 phones with them, one is due an upgrade, found the new phone I want which is £3 per month cheaper than what Im currently paying but I cant have it as I fail their INTERNAL credit check, **bleep**! Lady on the phone was quite embarrassed but said there was nothing she could do as its out of her hands. So who is responsible and why are VM staff unable to explain this ridiculous issue that many others are experiencing?

Looks like they'll be losing the 3 phone contracts from me and possibly the £75pm i pay them for my media services aswell.

Nath316
Dialled in
Message 7 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Have to admit I do not have the best history but myself and my wife and my son all passed!!!!

This is what happens when everything is run by computers!!!! you end up with

"Computer says NO!" all the time

HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 8 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Notice there has been no reply from the system mods on here for this one.....funny that.....

Once again, ignore the people who complain, ask questions, and hope they will go away???

Hopefully they will, taking their custom with them, meaning VM lose revenue...

I have removed 3 phones, and am in the process of looking at alternative phone/tv/broadband with competitors, so VM may well lose in excess of £100 a month for their poor service...

Vote with your feet, take your custom elsewhere, there are many others who WILL be more accomodating than this shower...

tsh1979
Tuning in
Message 9 of 28
Flag for a moderator

I'm actually quite surprised that no one has responded! Says a lot about their customer services......

Not a happy customer. Wonder what it would take for them to respond?!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi tsh1979,

I'm really sorry we've not been in touch sooner regarding this.

So we can look into this for you, I've sent you a PM detailing the next steps.

You can view this by clicking the red envelope in the top left hand corner.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos