Menu
Ronr
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Data Roaming in Spain is not working for me.

I am in Spain and have purchased a Travel pass via text and received a text confirming my order and that the 30 have started. I have not been able to connect to the internet so I have sent a text to 23456 to get my Status. The response is infuriating, it is basically an advert requesting that I buy a Travel pass. I have ha a 4 minute call to customer services and one of the many Miles checked things for a while then said he will enable data roaming, I would get a text in the next hour and then I should restart my phone.   No text in two hours but I restart my phone. Still no data, I repeat my Status text with the same result. Virgin are the worst company for customer service I have ever dealt with. If anyone can help with this I'd appreciate it but with the holiday I have planned I can't get WiFi too often.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
SonarUK
Superfast
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Data Roaming in Spain is not working for me.

you need to get back on the phone for the fastest response. you might be waiting another 3 days just for a reply here Smiley Happy

Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool on Xbox One: http://bit.ly/1e8bSs3
Network ports used by Xbox Live on Xbox One: http://bit.ly/1dCNLm0
xBox Support: http://bit.ly/1lE2QrK
Xbox One operating system versions and system updates: http://bit.ly/1NiJS1j

www.twitch.tv/familycreations

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ronr,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm very sorry to hear you're having trouble with the EU data pass. I appreciate this is frustrating and I hope it has not overshadowed a good holiday for you.

You've also posted here and here.

I can see you've confirmed a network is correctly set up because you're able to text/call from the handset. I also see you've said data roaming is enabled which is what you needed to do.

I'm afraid I'm not able access your account to see if the data pass has been correctly registered/linked to you. At this stage I'd kindly ask you to call the team again on +447953967967 to check what is happening.

Please let me know how it all goes.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Ronr
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have been out of WiFi reach for a while but only yesterday I phoned Virgin again and went through everything I had done. I even said that what I thought I needed was a <PERS text from them, thus seemed to baffle the operator but she spent some time checking and said that she would re-do whatever needed doing. I was to turn my phone off immediately then after turning it on again to wait for a message. A message arrived asking my to take part in a survey of customer satisfaction, but not the one I need. As for customer satisfaction on a scale of 1 to 5 I'd say it is about -10 at the moment. This has had an effect on my holiday as I was hoping to use my phone to aid navigation in towns I don't know and for walking.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ronr,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm absolutely gutted to hear the data pass problem has still not been rectified. I can totally understand your reasons for wanting this to work with the maps/directions.

Are you back in the UK now? If you are please don't forget to get your money back for the pass because it has obviously not been used.

Let me know if you have any further issues.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
paddywwoof
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Similar issue in Croatia. I'm back now but frustrating not to have data - I wanted to be able to get weather forecasts while out and about. The phone worked trouble free and I got messages telling me that I had data available to use but nothing worked. It wasn't possible to communicate with virgin at the time and it seems almost as difficult now I'm back in the UK.

I will try the web chat a few more times this afternoon. If I don't get any joy I will write a letter. If there is no response from that then I will start a formal small claim online https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim-online. It seems bizarre that I have to resort to this for a simple question that could be dealt with by a short email conversation!

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I suspect that as there is a formal complaint procedure you will need to complete that before the small claims court will entertain you. You should get the cost of the the data package you paid for returned, when you speak with Virgin, as they will be able to see you used no mobile date whilst overseas. Sadly if you used even the smallest amount there will be no refund, as that shows the issue was not Virgin mobile service problem, they can't promise a decent service when not on there network. Good luck
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi paddywwoof,

Welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you have experienced problems with your roaming service and that it didn't work for you while in Croatia. 

J0hn is correct, we do have a complaints procedure that can be found on our Contact Us page. Click on Something Else > Making a complaint.

I can help with this, but I will need to take more information from you. 

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Ronr
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

After a number of conversations with the support team eventually I got through to someone who knew a little rather than following a script.

Under settings/more/Mobile networks  check Access point names all I had was T-Mobile UK. I needed to get the access points updated, this is done by support sending a couple of messages. Once these speakers is messages were installed I rebooted the phone and all worked until I tried to text to by a new data package, it seems that the 250MB travel pass is the only one that works.

Another gripe is that I knew my travel pass was about to be used up but even support couldn't issue a new one. I like that I can't go over the limits of the pass but I don't want to have to wait until it is all used before I can buy another.

0 Kudos
paddywwoof
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ronr, I must have been down every setting menu option looking for something to switch on or off or otherwise select, so I'm pretty sure I looked in setting/more../mobile networks as I tried setting and unsetting the data roaming checkbox. I can't remember what was in the APNs in croatia, it's reverted to just Virgin Media now.

The big issue was that it's pretty much impossible to get info on what to do when you're sailing around (and in need of a weather forecast) spending hours on the phone isn't an option and even with wifi available using the website on a phone is dire.

Anyway, thanks for this info which will be handy for future reference.

0 Kudos