Menu
Julia2
Joining in
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Credit file amendments

My credit file is reflecting incorrect information put in by virgin that is adversely affecting my ability to obtain my mortgage. How do I rectify this. I need to speak with someone as time is of the essence!!
0 Kudos
Julia2
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Complaint credit file adverse report

I have been on the phone since 10:50 to virgin media. The mortgage broker called to let me know that I had been declined my mortgage application from Natwest due to credit scoring. I have no debts.
I have been transferred 10 times, call dumped 7 times, left on hold for half an hour, hung up on twice and now waiting to be transferred to the collections department for resolution. I've lodged a complaint.
I'm maintaining that I do not owe this money - I don't. I transferred plans from a contract plan (which I was out of) to a sim only plan.
If at the time of transfer, if there were ouststanding monies, why was I not informed and asked to pay prior to taking new plan?
I was on a payg plan paid monthly by dd so how would I be in arrears? I've had no final bill, no reminders and no demand for payment since 2012.
What alerted me to this bill was last month I woke to find a voicemail on the phone. I was surprised as I do not have a answering machine. I tried to take it off using the handset to no avail. I called Virgin to do it on my behalf, which they tried to but couldn't and it was, they said, because of this outstanding £180 which is now £191 and some odd pence.
I asked at the time to be transferred to someone with jurisdiction to amend this error. They said I needed to write in as they had no details on thier screens as account was over 2 years old. It had 'fallen off' their screens and been transferred to the 'back office'.
Virgin had put a new interface on thier systems which 'threw up' old, dormant and overdue accounts. And that's why I had an answering machine as this was part of the new interface - it added an answering machine to those handsets that didn't have one.
I'm adamant that I don't owe the money.
A) because my plan was payg
B) I paid monthly direct debit
C) no mention of outstanding monies were mentioned at the time of transfer
D) no bills have been recieved since time of transfer to date in relation to these monies be it a reminder, or a letter saying the dd has failed, demand for payment - nothing.
So 12 ppl later, I have an email address
Credifileamandments@virginmedia.co.uk - I'm writing to them now.
I've asked for an itemised breakdown of the bill which virgin has to date failed to provide.
I did however receive a debt collections letter from an agency called bpo who I called. They advised that as I claimed I had not been billed for this amount, that they would request said bill from Virginia to come to me through them and until such time as they receive it, the account would be put on hold and no action would be taken. I've yet to receive any communication.
Time is of the essence.
I'm tired of speaking to phillipino staff who are at best unhelpful.
This is no longer regarding a bill but is an issue that is preventing me from forwarding my life.

It's not hard. The account was not in contract therefore there are no penalties to me in changing plans. As I paid monthly by direct debit, at the time of switching plans, I was fully up to date with payments.

Virgin media staff handling the plan transfer did not close down the original account and so therefore it continued to accrue the monthly payment plan amounts.

This amount needs to be written off and more importantly and as a matter of urgency, my credit file adjusted to reflect the fact that the account is, as it always should have been - settled.

The accounts will show that during the month of the first 'missed payment' there was a new plan in my name, so from that time the old account should not have been calling for funds for the monthly plan amount. It was, because the account was t oir perky closed down by virgin. Hence the accumulation in 'outstanding ' funds.
So irritated!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit file amendments

Ring 0345 454 1111, choose option 1,  key nothing in when prompted, once through to the main menu go with either Option 4 -> Option 1 or option 4 -> option 5. Ask to be put through to the Consumer Underwriting Team.

Also 7980345 600 0789 is callable and you can make the request via it. Any of those ways will get you through to the team.

Or use the email address: creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

Edit: merged your posts together.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Julia2
Joining in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Why is this number not known by the staff in customer services?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Julia2 wrote:
Why is this number not known by the staff in customer services?

@Julia2 There was once a public direct dial number for this team, but it was removed, now staff can only divert customers to them via an internal redirect. So to answer your question, isn't that they don't know it - it doesn't exist anymore.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Julia2
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

How does that make sense? The customer services is in the phillipines and staff are adamant that they have no access to a department within the company which customers need to contact. How is this helping customers? There IS a number for the back office. I 'found' it, quite by accident and dialled direct. Customer services has not even the basic knowledge regarding turnaround times for queries to this department, only that the only way to reach them is in writing which is clearly not the case. Virgin fails both customers and staff but not giving staff the tools to deal effectively with calls recieved.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

They should have been able to transfer you through to the team without a problem, I'm not sure why they were having issues with doing so. Glad you found an alternate number to get through to them eventually.

- - - - - -
0 Kudos
Julia2
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Eventually being called dumped and transferred and doing security numerous times, not being able to speak with a manager though requested hit merely passed to another operator within the call enter. I started phone enquiry at 10:50 - spoke to back office 16:30. That is the level of serviceI received. No too good eh? All of the virgin groups pages etc are littered with complaints from customers - virgin really need to look at the level of service given. It really isn't good nough. But thanks for your prompt responses in any case.
0 Kudos
Julia2
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

No, perhaps u ought to give it a try, call customer services, tell them u want to speak to someone regards a credit file entry. Let us know your experience.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Julia2 wrote:
No, perhaps u ought to give it a try, call customer services, tell them u want to speak to someone regards a credit file entry. Let us know your experience.

The offshore teams aren't always all that helpful. If you take things through one of the UK teams you don't have issues like the one you encountered.

- - - - - -
0 Kudos