Menu
SimonGoldsmith
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Credit check woes

A few weeks ago came close to using up my data allowance. Called VM, who firstly gave me 2GB for free and then suggested that for an extra 80p per month I could get a larger data allowance from my next refresh date which would prevent this issue. Great, sign me up. "Ok, we just need to check your bank details and do a full credit check". For 80p?! I have VM TV, broadband, home phone and 3 mobiles and was being threatened with a full credit check, which would show up on Experian, for 80p. Apparently no-one can overrule this and there is no UK based person to speak to. I came very close to leaving VM and getting a better and 4G SIM only deal from EE. Ultimately I upgraded my account (more data) on line which does not require a credit check - which is something the VM phone representatives had suggested, so ended up paying a little bit more than 80p (but not much more).

The issue is, why would Virgin risk losing a very long standing customer (been with Virgin since before it was Virgin (C&W and NTL days)) for 80p and a credit check - surely there can be discretion in these matters?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit check woes

Hi SimonGoldsmith,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thank you for your post. 

Credit checks are required due to the financial agreements that customers enter into with us. For more information on credit checks can be found here: Our service

Many thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos