Menu
Joan4669
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Credit Rating

Hi

I tried to upgrade my mobile early October with Virgin.  I have had an account for approx. 3 - 4 years and pay by Direct Debit.  I was told Virgin now bill by two payments.  One for air time and one for handset.  I was declined for approx £6, the cost of the handset rental.  I wrote to the underwriters as there had been a confusion over my address,  I had forgotten to inform Virgin that I had moved, even though I was paying my contract account on a monthly basis.  I also contacted the credit rating people Experian to explain the problem.  Experian responded and I obtained my Credit Rating report for a cost of £2.  Virgin Underwriters have still not responded.  I'm feeling very disappointed as I was hoping to upgrade my telephone as a matter of urgency as I am having problems with the old handset Galaxay Ace Mini, which I upgraded to back in December 2014.  My handset keep switching itself on and off and also keeps telling me I have removed the card unexpectedly, which I haven't, so you can imagine my frustration.  Please help me to get this sorted.

Joan Jackson

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit Rating

Hi Joan4669, 

Welcome to the Community!

I’m so sorry to see that you have had issues taking out a pay monthly contract, I had a quick look at your account and it seems as though this has been resolved, could you please confirm if that is the case? 

Speak soon, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos
Joan4669
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kelly

Thank you for getting back to me.  I need to contact the shop where I tried to upgrade and they will have to do another Credit Check.  Strange idea being as I had already being paying my contract by Direct Debit anyway for approx. 3 years.  It was the underwriters that refused me for the cost of the handset approx. £6 per month.  My credit with Virgin was excellent, so my Airtime account was fine.  So until I can be credit checked AGAIN, I wont know if this has been resolved.  I will telephone today and see if I can do this over the telephone.  If I can't, it will have to wait until Monday when I can call there after I finish work.

Kind Regards

Joan

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey Joan4669, 

Thank you for getting back to me, I can have a look for you and try and see if I can get some answers for you, I will shortly send you a private message so I can get some more information about your account, to pick this message up please click on the envelope on the top right hand corner. 

Chat soon, 

Kelly

0 Kudos