Menu
johnmc0001
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Crap company

Is this **bleep** company for real, second time abroad this year still can't use my phone no service available, yet each time I've phoned before leaving and they answered you device is read to use abroad, the lying **bleep**s, cancelling my contract as soon as I get home, also cancelling my Virginia media contract this company is a joke, and I've been with them since their inception, good by.
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Crap company

Good bye, so your sure the settings on YOUR phone are all set up correctly, whilst some do have issues most can use their phone overseas with no issues 

0 Kudos
johnmc0001
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I phoned them on Thursday, and was informed my devise is ready for use in the Europe. But I get here and it's not tried to contact them and just went from page to page
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

John have you enabled the settings on the phone? And checked your web account to see if the setting is active? Tried to manually select a local network?
johnmc0001
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tried everything thing John, even my brother in law has tried an he's a computer wiz kid, even tried to contact Virgin on contact us, but their security they say we've pinged you a security number but how can I receive it when I have no service, definitely leaving virgin mobile and virgin media when I return home.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi johnmc0001,

Welcome to the Community Forum, I'm sorry that your roaming services aren't working. I can see that they were activated but didn't complete on the network. 

I've reset this now and full roaming is now activated for you.

Just reboot your mobile and try again. Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
johnmc0001
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Terri but I'm home now and I'm looking for a new provider, I'm fed up with virgin the same thing happened in January when I went to lanzarotte, that's 2 weeks abroad with no phone because of virgins ineptitude.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi johnmc0001,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm sorry that this has happened again to you, leaving you without service while abroad. I understand how frustrating this is. 

Give us a call on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) or 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline) to discuss this further.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos