Menu
FunkyCrunky
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Contract Ending - New SIM only contract with same number

Hi, I have a Virgin Mobile contract in my name that's due to end on 18th November. However, this contract is my partners, but taken out in my name as he couldn't get a contract himself.

Ideally, I wanted to transfer this contract in his name, but was told this wasn't possible by VM mobile and that he'd have to open his own contract. We tried this, but he was declined - he was offered a SIM only contract though.

What we'd like to do is for him to go forward with the SIM only contract and for him to keep the same mobile number as he's using on my contract. He needs to use the same number from my contract as it's a phone he uses for home and work purposes.

I've tried to explain this to the VM mobile people on the phone but they just end up confused. Is it possible at all to do this? If so, would it be possible that someone who understands what we need to call us so we can hopefully get a seamless transition.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract Ending - New SIM only contract with same number

The only way to transfer the number from you to him is a little long winded.

First you need to give 30 days notice to end the contract as soon as possible as it does not end without you doing that.

Second tell then to change it to payg at the end of the contract

Third the day after the contract expires you call again and ask them to remove the phone number from your account as you no longer use it

Forth you check 48 hours later that it's been removed, when it has

Fifth you husband calling on the phone and registers the number in his name and at the same time sets up a sim only deal passing the credit check in the process- job done
FunkyCrunky
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info. I didn't realise I'd have to give notice. I'll do that and everything else asap.

He already did the credit check. He was declined for a contract with a phone, but they did say they would offer him a SIM only contract. So will he have to re-apply for credit again after the 30-day notice?

Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi FunkyCrunky,

once your partner has your Virgin Mobile SIM registered in his own name on PAYG.

He can then call free on it (789 or sales team on 0800 052 0238) and ask to "upgrade" to Pay Monthly (keeping that number).

A credit check is always necessary.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos