Menu
Rachel6
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Contacting virgin mobile from abroad -unable to call by phone

I currently live in South America. I chose not to renew my phone contract in December 2016 but virgin continued to take a direct debit from me each month. As I was living abroad, a family member managed to get the account suspended for me and the money refunded to me by calling virgin mobile customer services. This was in May.

I have now received demands from Virgin that I pay the overdue monthly direct debit for the account that I tried to cancel 7 months ago. My dad spoke to the customer helpline and was told (by quite an unhelpful employee) that he could not cancel the contract on my behalf. I am unable to contact virgin mobile services by phone. Is there any way I can contact someone by email to sort this out?? Or any way that I can endorse my dad to cancel the account for me? 

Thanks, any help gratefully received! 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contacting virgin mobile from abroad -unable to call by phone

Cancelling/account closure issues need to be done by the account holder, due to DPA, unless there is exception circumstances like the death of account holder or they lose their mental capacity. In which case the person needs to be related to the account holder and have valid proof of the death/mental incapacity There isn't an email address to use and the web chat doesn't provide cancellation support. You can post a letter in about cancelling/account closure issues, use the address: Virgin Media, PO Box 333, Matrix Court, Swansea, SA7 9ZJ, United Kingdom. Things to include in the letter: your request to cancel the mobile account, your account number, a postal address for where you are residing currently, a phone number for you at your current location. And a best time for them to phone you - factoring in time zone differences and UK working hours. They'll try to contact you about the contract.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachel6

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you've had cancelling your account with us.

I just wanted to check if you've been able to get things sorted out now or if you still require some assistance with this?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
bingclescat1
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

its useless ive written two letters to cancel my account and called in three months before my account expired ive been trying to get this cancelled through the customer service useless ask them to put you through to Mobile CancellationDepartment i spoke to a lovely guy called john he sorted everything out for me customer service cant do much fro you not with cancelling stuff they will just say they have but it wont be recorded  

0 Kudos