Menu
Xtian
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Contacting Virgin for a mobile contract - Previously refused

Hello,

A couple of weeks ago I applied to start a mobile phone contract which was ultimately rejected due to failing the credit check, which I kind of guessed would happen and moved on.

On the Thursday just gone, the contact number I supplied (a friend of mine) received a call asking for me regarding my application and that something could be sorted out. Obviously there were no more detailed information as I was not taking the call. However, I do not have a means of contacting Virgin to discuss these options further and the live chat function never has any free agents despite regularly refreshing periodically throughout the day.

Are there any suggestions as to what I could do? Is it possible for an adviser to contact me through the message system on here?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contacting Virgin for a mobile contract - Previously refused

Unlikely unless one of the mods can help but they don't usually deal with account queries for security.

Only real way is to ring 789 from a Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone.

0 Kudos
Xtian
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I understand that they cannot really discuss things like that in private messages. It's just a bit difficult making a phone call as I don't have a phone and can't really be using the phone in work for personal matters like this. I just wish there was a queuing system on the live chat.

0 Kudos
Xtian
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Okay. I have spent a good majority of my day refreshing the livechat function for mobile queries and it has consistently said there are no staff available. Why does the supply not meet the demand? 

I also do not understand why the overflow of staff in other departments cannot backfill to answer mobile phone queries...not exactly the best service to entice me to pursue the contract.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HI Xtian,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having some issues with getting an answer with regards to your credit check. I'm afraid I'm unable to provide this information on our side as we don't deal with credit checks. I'm afraid you would need to call us if you're unable to get through on livechat.

I'm really sorry that there isn't more that I can do.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Xtian
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Thanks for responding. I have had an answer in regards to my credit check which was the reason given for why I couldn't start a mobile contract. However, since then, somebody has been in contact to the number I provided in my application stating that they may be able to sort something out upon review.

I cannot contact through making a phonecall, hence why I wanted to speak through the live chat function.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Xtian Smiley Happy

I'm afraid I can't gurantee on when you'll be able to speak to our chat team. They wirk as hard as possible to help at all times. Have you had any progress while in the queue or do you get the same message?

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Xtian
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

There is no option for a queue. It only says that all the agents are busy.
0 Kudos
Xtian
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

8am on the dot and I am greeted with the below. I am starting to believe that there is never anybody working on mobiles.

20189f44100e153960e54c10350a94be.png

0 Kudos