Menu
RebeccaSS
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Contacting Virgin Customer Services

My Dad is on holiday and his mobile has been blocked. He has been using someone else's phone trying to contact Virgin Media for two days now and can't get through. I have tried to speak through live chat but there doesn't seem to be anyone available. 

How do I get through to customer support????? HELP!!! 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Contacting Virgin Customer Services

Hi RebeccaSS,

Thank you for letting us know that your father is having a problem getting in touch with us. We would like to investigate this further, but will need to take more information from you. 

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this causes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi RebeccaSS,

if you have a Virgin mobile phone yourself it's free call 789 or free call 150 from a Virgin Media landline.

From any other phone it's 0345 6000 789 (standard rate call).

As you are presumably wishing to speak about your father's phone there may be little that you can do if the account is registered to him rather than yourself due to DPA.

He should be able to contact them (using another phone) on the above numbers or if he is holidaying abroad: +447953 967 967.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi @RebeccaSS

Sorry to hear about this. It's important that our customers can reach us from abroad - if you can let us know what country your father is in, we can check the line is working correctly.

In the meantime - the advice @AlexKid has given is spot-on for contacting our customer services team promptly.

Thanks

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi RebeccaSS,

Thank you for letting us know that your father is having a problem getting in touch with us. We would like to investigate this further, but will need to take more information from you. 

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this causes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi RebeccaSS,

Thanks for sending the details I requested via PM. We are investigating what's causing the problem getting through to us on +447953 967 967. We will be back in touch with you as soon as we have more information on this.

If you are able to clear account security, it would be beneficial for you to give us a call direct on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile), 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) so that the issue causing a problem with your father's service can be resolved.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Smeegle
Tuning in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Am having the same problem. Have not been able to activate data travel pass purchased on 26th Feb or contact virgin.

0 Kudos
megmac1
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

How did this person get such a swift reply from the Forum Team? I have been posting about problems with my virgin mobile phone roaming and have had no response from the Forum Team. I have had not had a proper phone service since 14th Feb 2017.
0 Kudos
Smeegle
Tuning in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

So I tried calling 789 but auto message states that is not free but a chargeable call at local rate. I am in Cyprus so I have no idea what to do now to get my travel pass activated by Virgin. As I purchased it 6 days ago and I return home tomorrow what a waste of money.
0 Kudos
Cerismi0
Tuning in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I have a similar problem.  When I eventually  got through to discuss a problem  about incorrect data roaming  charges last week, I spent 40 minutes talking to the 789 helpline.  Now i find I have been charged £88 for the helpline call and my service has been cut off because its exceeded my limit.  It is impossible to call  the  international number from another  phone, it just cuts off after 2 rings.  Webchat doesn't operate on Sundays (?).  Virgin "customer support" is a complete  shambles.  There is no other international phone no and not even an email address.  All is get is **** Badges and stupid emails about kudos, Don't  want badges and kudos, I want a helpful answer, a  phone that works and to be correctly charged for it!

Smeegle
Tuning in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I could not have put it better myself. £88 indeed. How daft is that.
0 Kudos