Menu
CharleyD
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Contacting Someone at Virgin Mobile

Hi!

Has anyone worked out some sort of method of contacting Virgin Mobile? Trying to do so is trying to nail jelly to a wall. 

All I want to do is upgrade my phone and change my airtime package - I'm trying to give them some money! Seriously, I've never had so much trouble trying to give a company money.

I've tried to call, but the overseas call centre is a disaster zone. I do tech support for the UK takeaway industry, so most of my customers have English as a second language and strong accents, but everyone I've spoken to at the call centre really has significant English language problems, and it doesn't help that the last 2 times I've called, the poor rep was competing with colleagues apparently screaming with each other in another language. Each rep has contradicted the other, and I can't seem to get a straight answer out of them bout whether they have stock or not. I've been promised callbacks, which have failed to materialise. They keep wanting to do credit searches, but they've already done a successful one, then told me they had no stock, but that they'd saved the results so they didn't have to do again, but when I called back to chase the callback, they said they had no record of the search, and I'm loath to let them trash my credit record continually doing searches when I can't even seem to get out of them if the phone I want is in stock.

I've tried leaving a message on the VM Facebook page, but haven't had a response. I've tried to find an email address, but no dice there. The contact page only gives live chat as an option during the working day. I've seen people on these forums talk about a contact form, but I can't seem to find it. I've written a complaint letter, but I imagine that will be days or weeks before I get any sort of reply, assuming anyone does reply unlike the other options.

Does anyone actually work for VM who is based in the UK? Is there any way of speaking to one of them? I've been with Virgin for 10 years, and I'd like to stay, but they really don't seem to want me to. I'm questioning whether it's worth all this hassle.

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Contacting Someone at Virgin Mobile

I always go to the local Virgin store to get my mobile, if it's in stock you can collect it on the spot

I find it's a lot less hassle, obviously there's not one local to everyone but it's worth a look

http://store.virginmedia.com/store-locator.html

mrgrey1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I rang them 4 times since I signed up on 21st Dec and wholeheartedly agree with you!

• They don't understand what you say and they say "we understand what you are saying but as I said before....(and they repeat something irrelevant)"
  • Lots of shouting and noise in the background making it hard to hear
  • Lots of repetition over the same thing

Thank god at least Virgin Broadband has some offices in the UK....

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I always go to the local Virgin store to get my mobile, if it's in stock you can collect it on the spot

I find it's a lot less hassle, obviously there's not one local to everyone but it's worth a look

http://store.virginmedia.com/store-locator.html

mrgrey1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I rang them 4 times since I signed up on 21st Dec and wholeheartedly agree with you!

• They don't understand what you say and they say "we understand what you are saying but as I said before....(and they repeat something irrelevant)"
  • Lots of shouting and noise in the background making it hard to hear
  • Lots of repetition over the same thing

Thank god at least Virgin Broadband has some offices in the UK....

CharleyD
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - it's a nuisance, as it's an hour's round trip, and they are only open when I'm working, so I'd have to take a 1/2 day off to go there. I'm wondering why I should do that instead of calling a different provider. You'd think an ISP would be able to arrange purchases from them online, and a telecoms provider would have a usable phone service. It's quite comical really.

0 Kudos
CharleyD
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You say they have offices in the UK, but my question was how to contact them. I don't see any way of speaking to a UK-based member of staff, so where the offices are based is something of a moot point - unless you know how to contact them?

0 Kudos