Menu
Highlighted
Doodledad
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Consumer Underwriting Services - are they really there?

Hi,

I have been being passed around round Virgin Mobile and Virgin Media for the last 2 hours without anybody being able to help with my query.

I am trying to get a new Virgin Mobile phone contract for the I-phone X - I want to transfer my number from Vodafone and have the puc code etc - all good so far.

The only problem is that I fail the credit score criteria to get the phone - this came as a major surprise to me as my current Experian credit score is 950 out of 1000.  I was advised by your sales team that you don't use Experian but use Equifax instead - so I contacted Equifax and obtained a full report from the - my score there is 544 out of 600 - Excellent. 

I have no other indicators of risk on my credit report and have never been refused credit in the past.

I have a Virgin Media account and a Virgin Credit card with a credit limit significantly higher than the £1200 value of the agreement for the I-Phone X.

I have been advised to contact your Consumer Underwriting department to try and resolve this issue but this seem to be an impossible task - e-mail addresses don't work and phone numbers bring you back to the same departments in a never ending loop of cluelessness.

Does anyone have a phone number for this mythical land of credit goblins who randomly have the power to decide your credit fate with our mighty Virgin overseers!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Consumer Underwriting Services - are they really there?

came up with this in a reply creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk - cannot say if its current but worth a try

Tony
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

came up with this in a reply creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk - cannot say if its current but worth a try

Tony
0 Kudos
Doodledad
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tony - best help I have had by miles - now only have to wait 21 days for a reply!

0 Kudos
paulk68
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi There - I have just had the exact same experience! How did you get on with the email address given to you?

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
Doodledad
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have had a response asking for personal details but nothing further - the address does work.
0 Kudos