Menu
Kev1612
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Constantly billed for non-existant sim-card

At the end of Nov 2016 I signed up for a double data mobile phone deal costing £6. I phoned the helpline as the double data wasn't showing.  The person acknowledged the mistake,telling me he'd have to send another sim-card meaning a new phone number. It never turned up so discouraged and disappointed at the service decided to cancel while I was still able.  In short I was persuaded to stay and given a sweetener, being told I could keep my original phone number - and the other sim-card, if it turned up had been cancelled so not to worry about that.  So obviously it was never activated.  Incredibly since then every month the 'rouge' one has appeared on my bill, and every month I have had to phone (sometimes more than once) to explain the situation and have the extra £6 deducted.  Each time I am promised, faithfully that the item has been cancelled yet each month it appears again. I have been lied to, hung up on, and listened to all manner of nonsense.  Today I was told by a young lady that it must be a glitch in the system as she sees from her screen that the card has definitely been cancelled.  I said then why am I being billed for it every month?    She said she does not have access to the system so can't do anything about it. I told her this nonsense cannot go on - I should not have to phone every month because I am being charged for something I have never had - surely there is someone she can speak to who can solve the problem - or let me speak to someone, perhaps senior to her, or with the technical know-how to erase this fictitious sim-card from the system.  After being on hold for another 10mins another woman purporting to be her manager came on and promised (yet again) to get in touch with someone - and phone me back,  I am not holding my breath.  Dealing with Virgin has been the worst shopping experience of my life, and I am aged 67!  The level of incompetence is amazing.  Is there no-one at Virgin capable of solving this silly problem? Apparently not.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constantly billed for non-existant sim-card

Hi Kev1612,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with being billing for a SIM card that you haven't received. Apologies as well for the delay in responding to your post. Has this been sorted out for you since your post? 

If you would like for me to look into this, I will need take more information from you first, so I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kev1612

Due to the information in my post, I'm not able to post your details publicly, so this is why I responded to you via PM.

I've advised you that I have checked your account and the SIM card you made reference to in your post has been removed from the account, so yes, the billing issue has been resolved. 

Please let us know if there's anything further we can help with.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Kev1612
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Terri for your very prompt reply.

Best Wishes

Kevin

0 Kudos
Kev1612
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Terri,

I'm afraid that in spite of your reassurances that the billing problem was definitely solved I have once again been billed.  I am lost for words.

Kevin

0 Kudos
Kev1612
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Terri,

Further to my last email, I have just noticed that apart from being billed for the non existent Sim card, incredibly my account is now showing an extra £6 of recent usage on EACH phone above tarrif which it says will be billed 27th April.  So rather than the problem being resolved I am now being charged an extra £18.  I have hardly used my legitimate phone so never gone over tarif. I suspect that as my account showed a credit of £12 last month that Virgin's amazing system thinks the bill was not paid.  Why is cancelling this Sim Card so difficult?

Kevin

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kev1612,

Apologies that this issue is still ongoing even though when I last checked this for you,  your details showed that it was sorted out.

I have sent you more information about this via PM. 

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Kev1612
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I did mention in my original post that everything appears to be ok on my account, and have had numerous promises of successful cancellation, until the next billing date comes along and the rogue number reappears.  That's exactly what the problem is, phoning Customer Services every month has always proved futile.  I will have to think now who else I can turn to for help as being age 67 with a very bad heart I'm finding this problem is causing immense stress.  My original post ends by asking is there no one capable of resolving this problem?  Apparently not.  That has proved to be fact not flippant sarcasm.  At the very least I expected advice on how to contact the right people, not just call 789 again and talk to yet another random person.  As so many customers on here report being treated with contempt I'm thinking it's time to write to the ombudsman or at least write to Head Office or publicise this amazingly bad system in appropiate magazines.  It seems that the 'system' rules supreme and human employees are merely ineffective impotent small cogs.  I will phone 789 Customer Services yet again as I have done every month since December 2016.  People can do without such stupid problems.

0 Kudos
Kev1612
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Following above advice I phoned 789 regarding my problem.  The man tried to be helpful but told me he wasn't able to cancel the sim card.  He then gave me a number to ring.  The lady had to almost shout (in broken English)  as it sounded like a party was going on in the background.  She told me they were the retention team but was unable to help as the systems are down.  So more of the same nonsense and wasted time.  This company ought to be ashamed and embarrassed.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kev1612,

I'm sorry that you have continued to have issues regarding this. Checking on this, I can see that you spoke with our Customer Relations team about this since your last post. 

I will monitor this until the next billing cycle to make sure that this has been sorted out for you correctly.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos