Menu
Louisem23
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Complaint

Hi,  I have had an absolute nightmare from start to finish with my 2 x mobile phone accounts.  I have been trying to cancel them both since September 2015 by phone, web chat & letter and called again today to still be no further forward.  My letter was received but I had no acknowledgement so had to call/online chat to make sure it had been received. The assistance on online chat is useless and of no help what so ever you are just told to call.  I am still receiving bills for both accounts and have just been told it will be 30 days until the account is closed!!!!! arrrgghhhhhhhhhh 

Helpful Answers
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Complaint

I assume these accounts are out of contract. If so get a couple of cheap PAYG SIM cards then get a PAC Code from Virgin for each of your accounts.

Give your new supplier your PAC Codes (s)

Once the numbers are transferred your accounts with Virgin will come to an end.

You can always transfer these numbers to another service when ready.

All Replies
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I assume these accounts are out of contract. If so get a couple of cheap PAYG SIM cards then get a PAC Code from Virgin for each of your accounts.

Give your new supplier your PAC Codes (s)

Once the numbers are transferred your accounts with Virgin will come to an end.

You can always transfer these numbers to another service when ready.

Louisem23
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, yes they are out of contract since December.  Thanks for the advice.

0 Kudos
jab1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I feel your frustration. I have a complaint and sent 2 letters  ( 2nd one Special Delivery at a cost of £8.00 ) and still no response and yet the Virgin Website states  "we will acknowledge your complaint within 48 Hours  "of recieving it !!!!

My 2nd Letter was signed of on the 8th Jan at 07.23 am.

Good Luck with you issues.

Jab1

0 Kudos
Darkman
Up to speed
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I had the same experience with a usb modem stick a few years back. It seems they've not improved noticeably since.

200Mb BB, 2̶ ̶x̶ ̶1̶T̶B̶ ̶T̶i̶V̶o̶, X̶L̶ ̶T̶V̶, M Phone
0 Kudos
hotbit
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I think it is deliberate on their side. They are slow, make mistakes but money do flow into Virgin accounts. Be yourself 1 day late with a payment - they immediately cut off your broadband or whatever service.

0 Kudos
bonnetm
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I had horrible problems with Virgin Media since the beginning that I signed up with them. I have cancelled my Mobile account within 24 hours, because it didn't match my needs, but they still send me bills for a service that I never used! Now they send me Mobile bills for a period of time before I entered the country!! This company is  insane.The service they provide has nothing to do with was you asked, and the customer service is the most dishonest I have seen in 20 years and 4 different countries. They already robbed me from over a £100 from my landline contract and I don't even dare to use my landline phone anymore. It is actually cheaper for me to call with my foreign mobile phone than to use my UK landline phone. I think the embassies should be alerted so they warn the expatriates about the thief behavior of this company. Then maybe the word will spread and UK citizens can also benefit from that.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi bonnetm,

Welcome to the Community, we appreciate you taking the time to post on the Forum. I'm very sorry to hear that you have had a problem with cancelling your contract and also with billing for your Virgin Mobile and your Virgin Media account as well, if I understand your post correctly.

We certainly want to get this sorted out for you, so please respond to the private message I've sent you to confirm your details, so that I can look into this for you.

Thank you,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos