Menu
PETEHEAT
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Charging for dialling a busy number

Virgin mobile charging for dialled calls even when number is busy?

I cant believe it! I am on an old PAYG tariff (simply 8p).
Noticing recently that my credit was disappearing fast I checked to find that Virgin were charging me for calling an English landline number that was busy (engaged tone).
After calling customer service & arguing I was eventually put through to a Manager by the name of Dexter ( ref number 77*****) who assured me this is their current policy.
I am outraged & do not know where to turn next!
 [MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]
0 Kudos
PETEHEAT
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charging for dialling a busy number

I am very sorry I have now carefully read the guidelines. Do you happen to know if this charging is correct?
0 Kudos
PETEHEAT
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Please can anybody help me??
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi PETEHEAT,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you have been charged for calling a busy number. 

I'd like to look into this for you, so I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi PETEHEAT,

are you receiving 50 minutes of free VM to VM calls?

There have been a number of posts by people (including myself) on the Simply 8p tariff who are being charged for these calls.

I haven't called an engaged landline number so can't comment as to whether that also charges me.

AlexKid :-)

0 Kudos
PETEHEAT
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi AlexKid,

They started charging me on 25th Jan 2017!!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

PETEHEAT wrote:

Hi AlexKid,

They started charging me on 25th Jan 2017!!!

Hi PETEHEAT,

it seems to have affected us all around the same time then.

I first noticed on the 27th Jan but that was the first call I'd made for a couple of days (everything was in order earlier in the month).

Another poster noticed they were being charged from 26th Jan.

(Virgin Mobile were quick to refund the charges in my case and provide goodwill minutes).

0 Kudos
PETEHEAT
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

But are your Virgin To Virgin calls being deducted from your " goodwill minutes"  and what happens when they run out?

0 Kudos
PETEHEAT
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I've finally got a member of the Virgin executive team to look into it ( complaint number COM101275755 ) but before I thought to take a screenshot of these calls & charges they have miraculously disappeared from my account!! Although it has not altered my balance!! ( I smell a Rat?)

Also after 1 week of investigation the person dealing with my complaint has yet to provide me with an answer as to why on 25th January Virgin started charging me for Virgin To Virgin Mobile calls. Under my tariff I should be getting 50mins of these calls free per month if I stay in credit. ( I have now taken screenshots).

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

PETEHEAT wrote:

But are your Virgin To Virgin calls being deducted from your " goodwill minutes"  and what happens when they run out?

Hi PETEHEAT,

yes they are because the free VM to VM still isn't working but I'm hoping it will be sorted before the goodwill minutes run out.

I've just received my call back as promised. Unfortunately, no change Smiley Sad 

The agent plans to address the matter with his manager on Friday hopefully to be resolved by early next week and will give me another call back. (He is aware of at least one other Simply 8p tariff customer with the same problem).

0 Kudos