Menu
braziluk2
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Charges on mobile phones

I have been contacting Virgin mobile by phone regarding my £83 bill on my ***********mobile phone and another £63 on my ************* mobile phone and every timeI contact them I hear that they have opened an investigation and will be contacting me next day. Day became days and now more than a week and I am still waiting for someone to contact me. My normal bill is £8 for a simcard only, for each simcard and to be charged the amount of money they are charging me for my mobiles is outrageous. Both phones are used with DATA OFF and only connecting to the Internet when we have access to WIFI, but I have just checked my online bill and there is already an extra £1 charge for my next bill.

Although I have complained to Virgin before the due date for the first bill they have already charged me, but nobody contacted me, then I contacted them again on Saturday 9th and was told that someone would contact me on Sunday 10th and I have been waiting since and nobody has so far contacted me. As they don't have an email address because they say customers are happier talking with them on the phone as their problems can be solved quicker, I am wondering when someone will get back to me and solve this problem. This is very upsetting and stressful, especially when I don't have that amount of money to pay for a mobile bill. If I had I would have bought their services for everything unlimited and even if I had everything unlimited I wouldn't be charged that amount of money, which is unrealistic.

I hope someone with good sense and will contact me to tell me what they can do, otherwise I will regrettably have to move my two mobile to another provider, as I can not afford paying these huge bills. 

Can someone from Virgin Mobile please, either contact me on the mobile above or on my landline: *************** or my email **************

Kind Regards,

E. Santo

[MOD EDIT: For your security personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charges on mobile phones

Hi braziluk2,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum and welcome. I'm sorry that you're having a problem with being charged for going over your data allowance. It sounds like there may be apps or your mobile OS running updates via your mobile data connection in the background.

Please see the suggestions below for ways to manage your data usage:

• Use the Virgin Mobile Your Account app to keep track of your data usage balance (Install from your app store)
  • Login to Your Account online to view Recent Usage
  • Settings > Data traffic management > Traffic reminder settings > Monthly data limit > manually enter your package's limit
  • Settings > Data traffic management > Traffic reminder settings > When over monthly limit > select 'Disable mobile data'
  • Set up each of your apps, app store and OS to only update when connected through WiFi
  • Download a third party app that will track your data usage
  • Set a credit limit on the account. Currently, the lowest available is £50.

Also, please see our online Help & Support page: Managing Your Account for Virgin Mobile.

If you are still having a problem with this after all the above checks, please let me know and I'll look into this for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos