Menu
Boyce76
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Charges above your tariff

I wonder if anyone else is as frustrated as me at Virgin's inability to be able to tell me what the charges above my tariff are for? All they say is they can't see what the charges are for and need to wait until the billing date for a bill to be generated?  So as a customer on a £5 monthly sim I have £4.68 charges above my tariff showing on my online account information yet I am well within my monthly allowance for minutes, texts and data. So as a customer I would like to know now what the charges are for so that I can assess if they are fraudulent or if I need to stop doing something (God knows What?) to prevent any further charges. It makes no sense to me that a company can not tell a customer what a charge is for until a bill is produced when clearly someone somewhere has added charges to my account? Imagine coming to my restaurant and I tell you the sandwich you have just eaten is £200 and when you ask what for I say sorry you have to wait until I generate a bill for you and then if you disagree with the amount call me back and stay on hold for 20 minutes before I attempt to consider if you are due a refund. Oh no sorry the £200 was for sitting down at the table I served your sandwich at, sorry you didn't know that but I couldn't tell you until I generated a bill!

What a load of rubbish Virgin. What if the charges were £100. I need to wait potentially 30 days to find out what they are for?? Honestly? Rubbish customer experience and will be leaving shortly.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charges above your tariff

Have you tried viewing your recent usage on the virgin website, your account option?

mms are chargeable, so if your adding emoj to mms it changes to mms and you get charged, lots of other stuff are chargeable, just log on have a good luck around it should be on there for you to see, the sat do not have access to your web account 

0 Kudos
Boyce76
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Cheers. Yes I checked. All my recent usage is there and every single item is at a cost of £0.00. So no idea what the £4.68 is for. I have used the same phone with other providers and never been charged for mms or emojis before. I can only assume Virgin doesn't want its customers to know what they are being charged for in case they stop doing the thing that incurs a cost. Most baffling and most annoying.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Running out of options here, have you used the phone roamin in the last couple of months? If so roaming charges can take a while to catch up, other than that, I think you be waiting till the bill sadly 

0 Kudos
Boyce76
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks anyway. It's just weird that you have to wait for a bill to explain charges that are showing on your account. What if they were fraudulent and you had to wait weeks to find out or unsure if there would be further charges? It's just a bizarre system that I haven't experienced with any other provider.
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've never seen it before, apart from roaming charges, it's normally visible on the account.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Boyce76,

Welcome to the Community Forum, sorry to hear that you've had problems getting an explanation for the charge on your bill. Apologies as well for the delay in responding to your post.

Looking into this, I can see that it's a pro-rata charge for a new tariff. It is showing under the 'Your tariff' section of your bill. 

Please let me know if you are still having problems viewing the charges on your bill.

Kind regards, 

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Yankdecker
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hope you can help with my problem.

I've ordered three new sims for my family and on the first bill I have charges above my tariff one is 56 pence the other is £8.71 and mine is £6.97

The most alarming thing is that my sim card with a overspend of £6.97 is still in the envelope that it was delivered in and hasn't even been used yet and my children say they havn't used any credit and after checking they have 1500 minutes left and just 40 MB used out of a possible 2GB so they haven't used anything.

I'm thinking of leaving after two weeks as the bills can't be that wrong and upon checking the usage I get and error message says

Oops, something's gone wrong!

Please try again in a few moments.

I seem to have a bill for £27 package charge plus usage charge of £16.24 

My bill is going to be £43.24 for around 14 minutes of call time

Can you please help before I cancel the virgin mobile of three phones

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Yankdecker

Sorry to hear about the unexpected charges on your mobile accounts.

It's a few days since you posted, I just wanted to check if you managed to get this sorted out?

Let me know if we can still offer some assistance with this.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos