Menu
impishredhead
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Charged for calling Virgin on 0845 number

Hi Virgin

I just got my latest mobile bill, and it's quite a bit more than expected. 

On checking my account, I see I've been charged £2.53 for calling Virgin from my Virgin mobile. 

The call related to my recent upgrade to Virgin broadband and Tivo - you wanted to change my installation date at very short notice, and I had to call to sort it out.  

I called 0845******** – this was the number that a Virgin employee left on a voicemail, asking me to call them back. 

I'm very disappointed that I've been charged a premium rate for a Virgin-to-Virgin call, and it would be great if you would remove this charge from my bill.  

Is there an alternative to 0845******** that I can call for free from my Virgin mobile in the future? 

[MOD EDIT: Removed old phone number to avoid future confusion]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charged for calling Virgin on 0845 number

Hi impishredhead,

when calling from a Virgin mobile phone the numbers to dial are (freephone) 789 for Mobile enquiries or 150 for Media enquiries.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charged for calling Virgin on 0845 number

You were told to call the wrong number, as mentioned you can call 150 for free from your VM cell phone.

Outwith that, the 0845 is depreciated due to government changes (no premium rate numbers for support lines.) It should have mentioned calling 0345 454 1111 which is a cost of a local rate call.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos