Menu
paulineh1986
Just joined
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Changing the account holder for Virgin Mobile account?

Hi, I am looking to find out if it's possible to change the account holder on a Virgin Mobile account? I signed up for a phone for my now ex-partner and I am looking to try and have it moved over to his name and his direct debit (obviously!). Does anyone know if this is possible and how I go about this? He only got the phone a couple of months ago so the contract is very new and was for 24 months.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing the account holder for Virgin Mobile account?

Hi paulineh1986,

as you are out of your 14 day "cooling off" period I don't think anything can be done.

I would advise giving customer services a call though on 0345 6000 789.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Contract got to stay with you :-(

With the ex willing, you may be able to get the direct debit changed over to his bank.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Boldee
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same problem sadly, I assume at the very least it would be possible as the account holder and bill payer that I could set up an automatic cancellation of the contract when it expires in about 10 months time in my case?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Boldee,

I don't believe that is possible.

Notice of cancellation can only be given in the last 30 days of your contract (after your "final" refresh).

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi paulineh1986 and Boldee

Thanks for your questions regarding the transfer of a mobile account.

While you're under contract with us, it's not possible to transfer the contract into another person's name. This is because, although they may be the user of the account, it's you that has been credit checked and agreed to be legally responsible for the account - even if they make arrangements to pay the bills each month,

All mobile contracts revert to a 30 day SIM Only basis at the end of the minimum term (they wouldn't automatically cancel), so you'd just need to get in touch closer to the time if you would like the account to be closed.

If it's a 'Freestyle' account (split contract), the handset loan repayment Direct Debit would stop automatically after it's been repayed at the end of the agreement, it's just the 'tariff' portion you'd need to cancel if you didn't want it to continue.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Mark_Y said: "if it's a 'Freestyle' account (split contract), the handset loan repayment Direct Debit would stop automatically after it's been repayed at the end of the agreement, it's just the 'tariff' portion you'd need to cancel if you didn't want it to continue."

Too add on Mark's answer, if it is a Freestyle contract, the "tarrif" portion can be cancelled now, it's only on a 30day contract and not 24 month's like the actual phone is.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos