Menu
Lesleyt1511
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Changing sim deals

I have 2 monthly contracts with Virgin Mobile and i have recently noticed im paying more for one. So i call to change the tarriff and im told yesterday id recieve my sim today. I recieved the sim but its for the wrong number. Now i confirmed my number 5 times on the phone but still the wrong one is updated. I call to correct this and told i cant do it as i have failed a credit check. So i pay £10 for one sim and £49 for another. I cannot change the £49 deal as i dont pass the credit check on a sim only deal, but i can get an upgrade on my current sim only deal for £15 a month. Im shocked and disgusted that the money i have paid still doesnt allow me to have an up to date deal due to a credit check, but only on one handset. I was offered this deal and telephone recordings to prove so this should be applied to the correct number. Losing the will as everyone im speaking to gets so far and says they dont understand me. Frustrated and disappointed!!! 😡😡😡
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing sim deals

Hi Lesleyt1511

Welcome to the community.

Sorry for any confusion with this.

Each mobile contract upgrade requires a credit check which takes into account your payment history and also your external credit file.

This is part of our requirements to led responsibly.

If we've advised you we're unable to offer a new handset, it could be due to an error on your credit file.

It's worth checking with the credit reference agencies such as Equifax and Experian to see if there's anything on there that's not quite right. Most will offer a free trial, so you should be able to take a look at your report without incurring any costs.

Let me know how you get on.

Many thanks 

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos