Menu
mikeharmon
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Changing from mobile contract to pay as you go

I have moved from the UK to Spain and now live in the mountains with no signal to access my UK Virgin number.

I want to keep the number for the times I return to the UK but do not need a contract account, just a pay as you go account on the same number. I cannot call from here - no signal in the mountains and cannot find anyway to do this online.

I find it most odd that I can only ask other customers for help rather than Virgin staff. At the moment, the only option seems to be to cancel the whole contract.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Changing from mobile contract to pay as you go

Hi mikeharmon,

you would be best advised to find the use of another phone and call and speak to someone at Virgin Mobile in order to give notice of your intent to cancel (30 days notice required if you have a 30 day rolling SIM only plan).

At the end of your contract period your SIM will become PAYG retaining the same mobile number,

The only other way would be by post:

Virgin Media
PO Box 333
Matrix Court
Swansea
SA7 9ZJ

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Changing from mobile contract to pay as you go

Hi mikeharmon,

you would be best advised to find the use of another phone and call and speak to someone at Virgin Mobile in order to give notice of your intent to cancel (30 days notice required if you have a 30 day rolling SIM only plan).

At the end of your contract period your SIM will become PAYG retaining the same mobile number,

The only other way would be by post:

Virgin Media
PO Box 333
Matrix Court
Swansea
SA7 9ZJ

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.