Menu
Valleystar
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Changing Both my mobile phone and sim

My old Virgin Nokia phone is not working properly and I have been give an unlocked  iPhone 5 by my friend to replace it. Can you advise how I go about changing my existing virgin sim to a nano sim in order that I can use both my existing mobile number and the sims contents on my new iPhone. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing Both my mobile phone and sim

Hi Valleystar,

give customer services a call on freephone 789 from your Virgin mobile and request a replacement SIM for your new phone.

The new SIM's they send out now are the 3 in 1 "multi SIM" type that you just pop out to the size needed.

It's usually free but they may ask for postage (I think it all depends on the agent you get Smiley Indifferent)

Once it arrives you just need to send the text READY to 789678 from your old SIM. (This will activate your new SIM and your old SIM will become "dead").

Once activated your new SIM will use your original number but you are be responsible for transferring any SIM content such as saved contacts.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos
Valleystar
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Really appreciate your quick response. The only problem is that I cannot currently make calls from my virgin mobile :-( you couldn't make it up. Sorry to be a pain but how do I effectively call "789" from say a landline or a non virgin mobile? 

Thanks once again.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Valleystar,

free call 150 from a Virgin Media landline. 0345 6000 789 (standard rate call) from any other phone.

You'll need to know your Virgin Mobile number and account password.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos
Valleystar
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That's great - will give them a call. Thank you so much :-)

0 Kudos