Menu
deniseKillen99
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Change in tariff doesn't apply to existing mobile customers?

Hello

I've got a freestyle contract - separate handset and airtime - and I just saw on the Virgin Mobile site that they are offering 2gb of data in their £10 monthly tariff.

When I took mine out, it was only 1gb.

I've been told that I can have an upgrade so long as I pay the remainder on my phone.

I can't find anywhere that says the 2gb is for new customers only.  A freestyle contract is on a 30 day rolling contract, so surely at the beginning of the new month the new limits would apply?

What do you all think?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Change in tariff doesn't apply to existing mobile customers?

This is the current term that applies to your contract:

3.2 Changing your Contract Allowance: During your Minimum Term we may allow you to change your Contract Allowance but you may only change to a Contract Allowance that was available on the same handset at the same upfront cost (if any) that you paid on the date you started your Minimum Term. Please contact us for details of the Contract Allowances that were available on your handset on the date you started your Minimum Term. You may only change your Contract Allowance once in any period of 30 days and only with our agreement.

So currently to update to a tariff that's been made available after your minimum term start, it would seem to be outside of your available tariff movement options. So you have to end your current contract in full, which includes your phone agreement, and start again.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Change in tariff doesn't apply to existing mobile customers?

If you don't mind a new mobile number, you have the option of taking on a new sim-only at todays tarrifs, then after receiving the sim - you can phone up and give your 30days cancellation notice for the old sim you took on with the phone.

Or if the phone is unlocked, you can use a sim-only from any provider and cancel the Virgin one.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos