Capping spend

|How do I set a limit on my son phone tariff 21.50 bill came in at 73.50 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Capping spend

i think they can reduce the credit limit on the account to a few pounds over the monthly limit - you need to ring 789 from his phone 

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi PaulaD1,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Adacom is correct here. We can reduce your credit limit to £50 on the account, but we'll be unable to place a cap on any minutes, texts or data. 

Let me know if you have any additional queries.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
craftywitch1990
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

is it possible to up a credit limit? I had my services suspended for the last three days as ive apparently gone over a credit limit I didn't even know I had and can find no mention of it on my account page?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi craftywitch 1990,

a credit limit is set out in the service agreement:

"6.2 Credit limits: We may set a monthly credit limit on your account that will be an amount we consider appropriate. We will let you know what this amount is if we do set a monthly credit limit. We may suspend your access to the Services if you exceed the limit. You should not use the credit limit for budgeting as the amount you owe is not capped or limited and you will still be liable if you exceed the credit limit we set."

I would recommend calling the Virgin mobile customer services on 789 from a Virgin mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone and discuss this with them.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
craftywitch1990
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks! I never got told i had one so it came as a right shock when they took my services off me! Im only on a 5er contract and apparently my credit limit is 20 quid a month and they cant up it only lower it! So basically if i go over my allowances or need to ring something that doesnt come out of my minutes im gonna get cut off everytime! Ridiculous!
0 Kudos