Menu
Les01889
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Capping data use.

I've recently had a phone & airtime contract for my son. I'd like to cap the data limit but according to my online account this can't be done now. I thought you could cap accounts for children with Virgin, I know others that have done this.

Anyone got any ideas.

Cheers

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Capping data use.

Not heard about data capping by Virgin, believe you have a monthly credit limit of about £50 set.

Most phones will have a setting where you can have the data automatically switch off when a set amount is used, you set the amount of data allowance he has and the date his refresh date is.  It will require good trust between you and your son through, it would not take the average kid more than a couple of seconds to overide the setting. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Les01889
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Capping data use.

Spoiler

Thanks for the reply.

I've been in touch with 789 & it seems they no longer do capping for kids contracts. They used to as my brother has his 2 kids on capped contracts, as soon as they hit their data allowance data shuts down until their refresh date.

0 Kudos