Menu
Sarathcd
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling Sim Only contract in 14days

I have cancelled my SIM Only contract from Virgin before 14 days. But the customer service told me that I will still need to pay the 1st month bill. I have not even got the SIM when I cancelled. I actually got the bill before the SIM. I thought some one else is using it and cancelled it.

When I called the customer service first time, the guy was rude and did not even take my request. Second time, I was able to cancel it and she said I should receive a confirmation letter/mail. I have not got any mail/letter so I called up again, I was told the contract is cancelled, but I will need to pay the first month bill. He said that there is no 14 day cancellation period for SIM only deals. Can anyone please help me on this. I am not able to get any proper information from Virgin Customer service.

richardjames73
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling Sim Only contract in 14days

Why are you cancelling, have you found a better offer. Seems reasonable you would have to pay the first month? If you have found a better offer, sometimes mentioning this to customer services they can offer some good will gesture..
0 Kudos
Sarathcd
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Because I don't have a SIM, only the bill to pay. When I took the contract the sales people told me that the contract won't start before I activate the SIM. Now I have to pay the bill without even a SIM. And I have my existing one which has not finished yet.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sarathcd,

in Virgin Mobile's T's & C's it clearly states:

Money back guarantee: Our 14 day Customer Satisfaction Guarantee.....  Pay Monthly customers will be charged for any airtime used.

As you haven't used any airtime there should be no charge and you are free to cancel without penalty within 14 days under their Customer Satisfaction Guarantee.

It is usual to be billed for a SIM only plan within the first few days as you are paying for the month ahead.

As you have canceled though, taking any funds if they have not yet done so, in order to return them again would seem pointless.

If I were you I would call back, hopefully get connected to a more understanding advisor and resolve the issue.

Let us know how you get on Smiley Happy

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Sarathcd
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin mobile have debited the money from my account now. I spent more money calling them to cancel it. Now I am wondering whether to call them again to get back the money they took. I am planning to raise a complaint with Ombudsman Services any suggestions.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sarathcd,

did you call back as I suggested?

If so, weren't you advised that any money debited would be refunded?

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Sarathcd
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I tried calling them, no one picked up. And I do not see any point in calling them back again to get the refund. I will only be wasting more money in trying to get to an understanding representative if exists.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sarathcd

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties with the cancellation of your SIM only deal. I'd like to take a closer look at your account and see if we can clarify the situation here so I've sent you a private message which you can view by clicking on the envelope in the top right.

Many thanks.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos