Menu
donconey
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cancelled contract 2013 - Virgin Continue Taking Money

Hi

In October 2013 I requested the cancellation of my monthly mobile contract, which had completed it's 24 month duration. 

In March 2015 I discovered Virgin was still taking £13.69 from my account, so I deleted the direct debit straight away. Since early 2014, my personal expenditure was switched to a different account which is why I did not discover the monthly collections earlier. 

Soon followed a letter from a debt collection agency requesting "owed money" for non-payment.......for my cancelled contract! Naturally I contacted Virgin and informed them of the issue and asked for resolution to include the refund of 16 months of payments. 

A subsequent call in June (30 minutes) resulted in confirmation of the error, acceptance of cancelled contract in October 2013 and reassurance of refund to be made. The promised phone call did not take place. I have called twice more, the last time on 26 June when I was told "a manager" will call me back to discuss the situation in 15 minutes. The call still has not taken place. 

Does anyone know how / if I can hold Virgin to their word and obtain the refund for unauthorised collections over a 16 month period? My Virgin account is still active and I apparently still owe them money. I have not used a second of Virgin airtime, used 1kb of mobile data nor sent or received a single text since October 2013. 

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelled contract 2013 - Virgin Continue Taking Money

not a lot staff here can do apart from tell you to ring - DPA gets in the way of them looking at accounts so whilst you have done that you need to ring in again - follow the prompts to thinking of leaving - i know you have but that dept can usually sort most things

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelled contract 2013 - Virgin Continue Taking Money

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm extremely sorry to hear you're still being billed by us for a phone you've not used.

I'd certainly like to point you in the right direction. I'll send you a private message to discuss your options further. To view this click on the red envelope on the top left.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos