Menu
Jacobbannier
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Cancelled Direct Debit, but Virgin are still increase my bill

So I've left the country, and before I left I wanted to cancel my month-to-month contract because I don't need it abroad. There wasn't anything online about how to cancel or where to cancel, so I cancelled my Direct Debit with my bank. Recently I recieved an email from virgin saying they can't take payment and so I check my account and it says I have a two month bill outstanding. There isn't an email address to contact (seriously, it's a tech company with no email address?) and I can't ring the helpline because I'm outside the UK with no access to a phone. So I don't know what to do from here.

I want to to:

Close my account

Pay the one month I owe

Can anyone help? Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelled Direct Debit, but Virgin are still increase my bill

Hi Jacobbannier,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry thst you've still been billed for your account. We want to get this all sorted for you.

To get this sorted, we'd really need you to call us. Are you able to call us on +447953967967 from any other phone so we can get this fixed?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Jacobbannier
Joining in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

All done, rang up because there was no other way. cost me a lot of money and still had to pay for the bill I never used. NEver coming back to this company, filing a complaint. Thanks for your help Mat, you seem to be doing a good job but unfortunately Virgin have very poor customer service options in general. No email option for a tech company, absolute joke. 

Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for any frustration caused on our part Jacobbannier.

I'm sorry that you still had to pay the remaining bills with us. Please keep me updated with your complaint. I want to know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
vtank
Up to speed
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Jacobbannier wrote:

All done, rang up because there was no other way. cost me a lot of money and still had to pay for the bill I never used. NEver coming back to this company, filing a complaint. Thanks for your help Mat, you seem to be doing a good job but unfortunately Virgin have very poor customer service options in general. No email option for a tech company, absolute joke. 

VM is a joke because you didn't inform them? You expect them to assume you want to cancel by cancelling your DD? 

If you didn't have 5 mins to call 150 FREE from your phone to cancel then I don't know what to say...

0 Kudos
newbie1001
Tuning in
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

5 Minutes to cancel, it will take you more than 5 minutes to get through to someone. When you do you be passed to numerous people trying to hard sell you another product, until finally you get put through to someone who can cancel to only find the call gets terminated. If VM wanted to be helpful they could provide a number to get straight through to a team where you could cancel without question

vtank
Up to speed
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

newbie1001 wrote:

5 Minutes to cancel, it will take you more than 5 minutes to get through to someone. When you do you be passed to numerous people trying to hard sell you another product, until finally you get put through to someone who can cancel to only find the call gets terminated. If VM wanted to be helpful they could provide a number to get straight through to a team where you could cancel without question

Never had such issue and i've placed cancellation in before. If you tell them you're moving abroad why would they bother wasting time to sell you something?

When my broadband stops working I get connected within minutes in the afternoon and same for billing. Upgraded my sim only contract just last month within minutes. 

0 Kudos
newbie1001
Tuning in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Why not allow people to do it online then if it is so easy to cancel and they are so happy to allow you to do so. It would make life so much easier.

Last time i rung then it was to renegotiate a discount and they messed that up by not applying it so i had to ring them again to get it sorted. Within 2 months of getting the discount they then put my bill up taking 50% of it back.More phone calls more hassle. Not everyone gets perfect service.

0 Kudos
Barbra7539
Joining in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat

I have a mobile account on a two year contract that expires in December. 

In June this year I emigrated to New Zealand but as I'd kept my UK bank account I have just left the direct debit payments running on this contract. 

However, as it is now nearing the end of my contract I need to give you notice to cancel my contract. I have been unable to log in to my mobile account or find a number that I could ring you on from New Zealand.

I found this post on your forum so I sent a text to the number you gave as a contact +447953967967 re my account but I haven't received an acknowledgement or reply. Please help? 

Regards

Barbara 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Barbara,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I hope everything is going well for you in New Zealand!

I'm afraid the number you posted isn't a number that can be texted. This would need to be called for you to cancel the Direct Debits. Can you let me know how long is remaining on the contract?

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos