Menu
klfairy
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cancelled Account - want confirmation

I've just had a very frustrating call with someone (far, far away in a land of call centres). I had an amount come out of my account unexpectedly, having cancelled the mobile contract at the end of January. It was only £1.09 but I wanted to know why it had come out and if I could expect anything else to come out.

I learned:

It came out because it came out. I eventually, having got the call handler to spell it, found out that the 'brerrater' was in fact 'pro rata'. I know what pro rata means, so managed to work out it was some kind of leftover day or so's standing charge, although this isn't what the man said. 

What I wanted was confirmation that the account is now definitely dead and cancelled and never going to charge me ever again. This is where he started getting downright RUDE! I can't have such a thing, and he raced through the postal address I need to write to, and was most displeased when I made him slow down so I could write it all down. Then was difficult when I asked if there was a department to address it to, if he could give me my account number (I couldn't see it on the screen at first).

I just want to know that it's DEFINITELY safe to cancel the direct debit, that if Virgin decide I do owe them money at random again, that I've got some proof that I've been told I don't. The man I spoke to seemed to think that was entirely unreasonable... Never mind that when I cancelled the contract in January, I was assured then that February's bill would definitely be the last... so you can see my concern. 

Do I really need to WRITE to Swansea to get this confirmed? I just want to be safe cancelling my direct debit!!

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelled Account - want confirmation

You should have really received a final bill - showing the final balance of £1.09 and confirmation that this was the final amount due.

Virgin Media staff do reply to posts on this public forum although it can take a week or so sometimes to get a reply.  You could either way for that and I'm sure they will be able to help, or try the Live Chat feature - as that way you will get it in writing.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
klfairy
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.

Yes, live chat would always be my preference, but unfortunately it wasn't available last night when I was able to deal with it. 

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No worries - Hopefully you will get through to them soon and can save off the chat for your records.

Please reply back and let us know how you get on.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.