Menu
nadgouk
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Cancel my contract

Hi. I was due my upgrade on 1st April but I got a call from Virgin saying I can upgrade now. I went through all the new phone specs & my new contact information etc but after being told " You'll get your new phone in 3 days" my credit check then cancelled everything out & my initially friendly advisor dropped me like a stone & couldn't wait to get off the line.

Im assuming because I recently moved home my credit file is taking some time to catch up as I've not had a problem with it.  I have also been a customer of Virgin mobile for many years with 4 good accounts.

So i go to another provider (no credit problem there) & can get a much better phone for £10 less so I have decided to cancel my contract but I'm finding the information and my exact dates impossible to find. Where are they please as I would like to refer to them. 

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cancel my contract

Hi njadgouk,

all the information and dates should be available to you if you log into your account on line.

Look for the 'Plan and device' tab. It will show:

Contract start date

Contract term (length)

Next upgrade date

Your refresh date

The 'Billing' tab will show:

Billing period

Contract term (end date)

Be aware that you must give 30 days notice of cancellation if this is what you want to do.
To avoid any "buy out" fee make the call 30 days before your contract end date.

If you do want to move to another provider and keep your same number you can also request a PAC code.
(A PAC code remains valid for 30 days).

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi njadgouk,

all the information and dates should be available to you if you log into your account on line.

Look for the 'Plan and device' tab. It will show:

Contract start date

Contract term (length)

Next upgrade date

Your refresh date

The 'Billing' tab will show:

Billing period

Contract term (end date)

Be aware that you must give 30 days notice of cancellation if this is what you want to do.
To avoid any "buy out" fee make the call 30 days before your contract end date.

If you do want to move to another provider and keep your same number you can also request a PAC code.
(A PAC code remains valid for 30 days).

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

AlexKid wrote:

...Be aware that you must give 30 days notice of cancellation if this is what you want to do.
To avoid any "buy out" fee make the call 30 days before your contract end date...

That's not strictly true. As detailed in this response it's actually "within the last 30 days".

It makes sense, really. You can't give more than 30 days notice, according to the call centre staff. The post (and remainder of thread) above say that you need to cancel between your 23rd and 24th refresh, but the closer to the 23rd the more likely it is that everything will happen when you want it to.

@nadgouk - the credit check failure is almost certainly internal to VM. They have been having numerous problems with it. If you have an Experian login, check out the recent searches on your credit score. I'd bet money you don't see one from Virgin.

nadgouk
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I appreciate all your help but where do you find the plan and device tab in the first place please?
I'm going round in circles on this site. Is it on my account in general or do I need to go into my personal phone account?
It's not being made easy. Cheers
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi nadgouk,

if you log in to your Virgin Media Mobile account on line > there are a row of "tabs" near the top of the page.

The "Plan and device" is there in that row > click on it.

I'm using a PC it may be different if looking on your phone or tablet.

LilMo
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My contract ends April this year I have been told very recently that I can have an upgrade now and just pay out what's left of my contract which I was willing to do.
My husband is the contract holder of my account and I'm holder of his.
First time VM rang me about upgrade all was going okay until I got cut of that operator had me having the mobile allowing me to do the full transaction myself then when I got a different person it was a different set of rules they wanted my husband to listen to the conditons policy which he didn't want to do and didn't..I was allowed to do that myself on first call so my upgrade didn't go ahead as I had to cancel.
I still would like to upgrade to Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge in Gold is there anything can be done to make this happen.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi LilMo,

the second customer service agent was correct. The account holder (in this case your husband) must accept the T's and C's and approve any changes on the account.

If he and you are both present, he can then authorise you to speak on his behalf but that will be for the purpose of this call only.

You would be best discussing this with your husband and asking him to make another call re upgrade for you. Or find a mutually convenient time for you both to make the call.

0 Kudos
LilMo
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Alex
That isn't an option my husband refuses bluntly to go through it all again and there's no budoing him when his mind is made up. So that's out much to my dismay. I cannot get my name on my own contract they said unless I pay out BOTH our contracts now mines ok to do that as it runs out in April but he has just had an upgrade 2 months ago so it's ridiculous to ask for that to be paid out. For this reason I am moving to a different supplier in April so I can get my name on my contract and stop this daft carry on.
Maureen
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

well when he wants a upgrade you can refuse to get him one as well.

If that was me i'd cancel his phone and buy out the contract and then get a new one in your name for youself
0 Kudos