Menu
Rhaegwyn
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cancel 30 day rolling contract

I have recently tried to cancel a 30 day rolling contract only to be told I can not cancel the tariff alone.

I was told that I would have to buy out the remaining contract!

I explained I wanted to continue to pay for the handset (24 month contract) but cancel the tariff (rolling), I was then told I couldn't do that and would need to buyout the remaining contract again.

My question:

How would there be a remaining contract if it was a rolling contract?

I.E; the contract on the tariff only last's 30 days and then is renewed each month!

Surely, there should be no buyout fee on such a contracted deal?

This is extremely frustrating. If I have to, I will buyout the remaining months on the handset if I have to but, refuse to pay the tariff buyout when I am only contracted for 30 days at a time!

If that is not possible why the hell is it called a 30 day rolling contract?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel 30 day rolling contract

Hi Rhaegwyn

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear about the confusion with your package.

To clarify, your tariff portion is payable each month while you have the handset loan with us.

If you pay off the handset loan early, you can also cancel the tariff portion with no cancellation or 'buy out' fee applying to the tariff.

In this case all you would need to pay is the remainder on the handset loan and your 30 days notice on the tariff portion.

We wouldn't usually allow you to cancel the monthly tariff while the handset loan is still live though - I hope this makes sense.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Rhaegwyn
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the reply.

I shall indeed cancel the tariff this way.

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Mark_Y
When did the "got to keep tarrif while still paying for the phone" kick in, or has it always been like that ?

I see it is now mentioned on the website pages

Screenshot_20161013-105011.png

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

However that's still better than having to pay off the phone and full outstanding tariff charges ala the old style contracts
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

J0hn wrote:
However that's still better than having to pay off the phone and full outstanding tariff charges ala the old style contracts

I'm just wondering when it started, it is new to my knowledge.  Surely if it is new, it does not change the contracts which were taken out before it started ?. 

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi teabag,

For customers on one of our Freestyle contracts, they would be required to pay off the remainder handset loan if the customer wanted to give notice to cancel the tariff portion. In exceptional circumstances, the team can look at this on a case-by-case basis, but 30 days' notice period for cancellation is needed, which has always been required for cancelling service.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help