Menu
holliwaters110
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can't upgrade, Can't change tariff and no access to 4G!

Hi All

I am looking to upgrade or trade in my current Iphone 5s. It is constantly slow, and I have issues with it using my Mobile data even when I am on Wifi. I only took out the contract in January of this year, so I have another 11 months remaining.

I pay £15 tarrif and £15 for the handset (credit agreement) (Iphone 5s)

When calling, I am automatically told I am ready for an upgrade, but upon speaking to 2 different advisors today, I was first told, I am not due an upgrade& I am unable to higher my tarrif (4gb of data) and if I wish to buy out the contract, I will have to pay £240.I then looked online and saw that I should be able to use the trade up scheme so called back. The woman had no idea what trade up was (first telling me I could only have a Samsung) and now she is emailing me a form.

I was previously told that by November I should be able to access 4g which should improve the speed of my phone - but I was told today that as I am an old customer I cannot access 4g.

So all in all - I cannot upgrade, It appears I can only trade in - for an samsung, I cannot access 4g and I cannot change my tariff to cover the data issue as only new customers can access the 5g or 10g tariff's!

Any advice?

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't upgrade, Can't change tariff and no access to 4G!

4G won't be long, but it's already to long overdue, existing contracts may need to pay a premium to access 4G to get a new phone on the premiere contract you do have to pay off the remaining, either cash or use your phone as part payment.

The iPhone should not be slowing down.....unless them memory is getting close to full.

I recommend that you save all the important stuff, via iTunes on a PC or such like, then reset the phone, then only reinstall the stuff you need and use, a third of the available memory free is a good yardstick less than that can and does slow most devices down

After you've done that you should have a responsive phone and less worries, 4G will come, to late for me and others.
Virgin seems like a sinking ship to me, the yank owners seem only interested in gouging their customers to the hilt for a third rate service, still it may become what we all want and need, don't hold you breath just yet
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't upgrade, Can't change tariff and no access to 4G!

Hi holliwaters110

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've been experiencing in contacting us lately, due to the nature of the problems you're experiencing I'd need to ask you give our team a call to discuss so we can clear security and talk about this in full with you.

Sorry I couldn't help as much as I'd like, although I'd love to hear how you get on.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos