Menu
DaveP2
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can't increase data allowance

The only options offered to me either on phone or online are 1Gig of data with various amounts of call minutes. I want to upgrade to 2Gig of data. Why is this option unavailable?

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't increase data allowance

Without knowing what you're current deal is, it's not possible to coment in a helpful manner
0 Kudos
DaveP2
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sony Experia Z3, 200 minutes, 3000 texts, 1Gig data. Contract started January 2015. Just spoke to a phone helper guy who stated that it was impossible to increase my data allowance, but they were able to "award me" an extra 1G to take me to the end of the plan month on the 12th October. I was helpfully informed that I could opt for a higher allowance when my upgrade comes thru in December. Now one of the things that made me use virgin in the first place was their "flexible plan" that I could change once a month... So much for that then

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It looks like there is no upgrade option as they have changed the contract packages and removed any alternatives, I'd try again and choose the option to end contact and see if retention are willing to help you
0 Kudos
DaveP2
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The extra 1Gig will see me through rest of month, I will just turn off mobile data for most apps and go to end of contract but as I'm perfectly happy with my phone, I'll likely go for a BT SIM only contract for a while after that.
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@DaveP2 Is the phone on one of the Freestyle contracts?

If so you can cancel the sim at anytime (30 days notice) and take on a BT one. Maybe a good idea to check the phone is unlocked for any network first.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

We know BT and EE are the same, currently EE has a better value sim only offering

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/mobile-phone-cost-cutting#ee

Option 9 on the list great value

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi DaveP2

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry if you're having some issues upgrading.

The options available through your online account will be limited to the family of bundles available when you took out the deal, which may now be considered 'legacy' offerings.

I'd definitely recommend having a chat with our upgrades team on 789 / 0345 600 0789 to discuss your requirements and we'll see what we can do Smiley Happy

Let us know how you get on.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos