Menu
Krap
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can't find my second phone on my account details.

I have had two phones on my pay monthly account for years. One for my wife and one for me.

Now when I access my account only the details of one phone appears even though I am stilled being billed for two on separate invoices as usual. There is no way I can find the details of the second phone. I have tried all the instructions on the website but just gone round in circles and got nowhere. When I contact Virgin by mobile phone the reception is so bad I cannot understand what they are saying and when I try the land line the operator tells me that they are having problems since they changed their system but apparently it's up to me to sort it out. I just don't know what the hell they are talking about!

This seems like some clever dick thought a change would be good without explaining to the customers or the call centre staff how to handle it

My contract finishes next month and if I can't get this sorted out I shall be changing supplier.     Has anybody got any idea how I can resolve this?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can't find my second phone on my account details.

Hi,

since Virgin Mobile “upgraded” (their word for it, not mine) their system last year. This happened to a lot of people including myself.

If you are not able to add it “Add another number” to your existing account, I'm afraid the only way will be to create a new account using a different email address.

(I've got two separate accounts for my phones - bit of a pain having to have two separate log-ins but at least you can keep an eye on them both).

AlexKid:-)

If you just want to say thanks > click 'kudos'.
If this has also helped answer your question > click 'helpful answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi,

since Virgin Mobile “upgraded” (their word for it, not mine) their system last year. This happened to a lot of people including myself.

If you are not able to add it “Add another number” to your existing account, I'm afraid the only way will be to create a new account using a different email address.

(I've got two separate accounts for my phones - bit of a pain having to have two separate log-ins but at least you can keep an eye on them both).

AlexKid:-)

If you just want to say thanks > click 'kudos'.
If this has also helped answer your question > click 'helpful answer' also.

Krap
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Alexkid

I managed to get a clue by Googling "Virgin Mobile Complaints" and got a link which I managed to follow through the Virgin Media maze to the realisation that I needed to do exactly as you suggested.

I've managed to register the second phone on one of my other email addresses and that seems to be successful and I can now see all the account details of the phone.

But what a ridiculous and apparently unnecessary process to expect customers who do not have the expertise of the geeks who dream up this sort of thing to go through. It doesn't make for good customer relations.

And another thing is why did the so called help line fail to point me in the right direction or, even better, go through the process for me? No help at all. And then they contact you to ask you to rate their performance. By this time the steam is coming out of your ears.

0 Kudos