Menu
HDerbyshire
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can't find Tarriff info

My husband has just changed to a tariff called something like zero pounds (?).
He was (like me) a PAYG customer.

Apparently, his call & text etc  costs will come out of his outstanding account credit (until it all used up) and then he will pay by DD once a month for the  calls & texts etc. that he has already made. So if he hasn't made any, he won't pay anything.

Calls to landlines are free as are texts to other Virgin mobiles.

- is this correct ?

I also had a call about changing (but was out) but it sounds like a good deal.

I can't find out anything about this tariff - is there a web page that lists the details and all the call/text costs on this plan please?

Thanks, H
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can't find Tarriff info

Hi HDerbyshire,

I think that what you are describing is a new type of "Pay As You Go By Direct Debit" tariff.

It is not available in store, only over the phone and unfortunately I can't find any info' on it on Virgin's website.

I presume that you must also be a Virgin Media customer?
If so this would entitle you to free calls to other Virgin phones (mobiles and possibly Virgin Media landlines but I doubt all UK landlines).

I am not aware of any offer including free texts.

If you have accrued a large credit balance as a PAYG customer, this "Pay By Direct Debit" tariff might be a viable option but only if you are a low user.
I.E. call charges will be in the region of 40p per minute.

If you are likely to making much use of your phone, one of the SIM only tariffs (£5 maybe) would be a much better option.

You would still be entitled to unlimited calls to other Virgin mobiles and the monthly charge for this would also be paid for initially out of your credit balance but you would have (£5 deal) : 250 minutes + unlimited texts + 250MB data per month.

Are you able to call back to whoever made the offer for clarification on the details of this new tariff?

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi HDerbyshire,

but you say that your husband has already taken up the offer so it would be prudent to get clarification on the costs involved.

I.E. is it free calls to all landlines or just Virgin lines? + the cost of calls.

Are texts free?

Your husband may be able to find this out by calling 789 and listening to one of the automated options.

Otherwise, myself, I think it would be worth holding on for a CS agent and have them just clear up these queries.

Let us know how you get on if you decide to follow it up Smiley Happy

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi HDerbyshire,

I think that what you are describing is a new type of "Pay As You Go By Direct Debit" tariff.

It is not available in store, only over the phone and unfortunately I can't find any info' on it on Virgin's website.

I presume that you must also be a Virgin Media customer?
If so this would entitle you to free calls to other Virgin phones (mobiles and possibly Virgin Media landlines but I doubt all UK landlines).

I am not aware of any offer including free texts.

If you have accrued a large credit balance as a PAYG customer, this "Pay By Direct Debit" tariff might be a viable option but only if you are a low user.
I.E. call charges will be in the region of 40p per minute.

If you are likely to making much use of your phone, one of the SIM only tariffs (£5 maybe) would be a much better option.

You would still be entitled to unlimited calls to other Virgin mobiles and the monthly charge for this would also be paid for initially out of your credit balance but you would have (£5 deal) : 250 minutes + unlimited texts + 250MB data per month.

Are you able to call back to whoever made the offer for clarification on the details of this new tariff?

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

HDerbyshire
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for reply.

I'm a bit hesitant to accept an offer without being able to see the costs 'written down' (on a web page, in an email or whatever). I have been misled before.

I am a low user, so, as you say, it might be worth it  - but I'm happy with my current plan (Daily Bonus PAYG) and so I'll stick with this if they won't make it easy to find out the costs.

Thanks again, H

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi HDerbyshire,

but you say that your husband has already taken up the offer so it would be prudent to get clarification on the costs involved.

I.E. is it free calls to all landlines or just Virgin lines? + the cost of calls.

Are texts free?

Your husband may be able to find this out by calling 789 and listening to one of the automated options.

Otherwise, myself, I think it would be worth holding on for a CS agent and have them just clear up these queries.

Let us know how you get on if you decide to follow it up Smiley Happy