Menu
CHannigan
Joining in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Can't claime on insurance

Hi when I brought my phone I requested insurance but it was not added .when an advisor looked through the notes on your system they can see that I requested the insurance .I've rand up numerous amount of times trying to get this sorted but don't seem to be getting anywhere can u help
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't claime on insurance

How long ago did you request it was set up?

0 Kudos
CHannigan
Joining in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

At purchase of the phone on April 10th
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Without wanting to sound harsh, legally speaking you haven't a leg to stand on. You haven't made any payments for insurance, you haven't received any policy documents, I assume you havent got any mention of insurance on your bill? And you've had 6 months to sort it out.

If you get any joy from VM it'll be a good will gesture and not cover the cost of the handset or anywhere near.

Can you claim on your household policy?

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

he does not explicity say that he's lost the phone and now wants to claim ?

questions arising: do virgin record phone calls & would they be willing to go retreive one that proves the service was requested and maybe even promised -does  such a verbal undertaking constitute a contract- it does when we call to add / remove services?

household insurance cover will depend on circumstances, is the phone lost, or stolen, or just broken...  if broken was it accidental damage such as dropping it/ sitting on it , did that happen inside the house or outside , if stolen then have police been notified, is there a crime reference number... we are short on facts here.

0 Kudos
CHannigan
Joining in
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

What happened was when in store ther was an error on the computer so they couldn't add the insurance as the shop was closing so it was requested the following day.I thought vm would have honor this still ?
0 Kudos
CHannigan
Joining in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

The phone was lost
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

cybmole wrote:

he does not explicity say that he's lost the phone and now wants to claim ?

questions arising: do virgin record phone calls & would they be willing to go retreive one that proves the service was requested and maybe even promised -does  such a verbal undertaking constitute a contract- it does when we call to add / remove services?

It would make a difference in the first month, when the customer could reasonably have thought they were insured. SIx months down the line its irrelevant.

The exception to that is if insurance was part of the package, and specifically mentioned in the paperwork. Because then the customer could argue they did not expect a separate policy document and did not expect to see a charge on the bill.

The clues in "asked for it to be arranged" inferring it was an additional (and therefore chargeable) service. But I may be making an invalid assumption.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

CHannigan wrote:
What happened was when in store ther was an error on the computer so they couldn't add the insurance as the shop was closing so it was requested the following day.I thought vm would have honor this still ?

So was it supposed to be included in the contract cost- or was it to be an additional chargeable item?

0 Kudos
CHannigan
Joining in
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

It was supposed to be inclued in the contract cost
0 Kudos